Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

RCSB vibrations

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2006, 09:57 AM
Registered abuser

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RCSB vibrations

I have a vibration from 65-75 mph in my sbsc. tires are balanced, it did it with the original wheels, and with the SS wheels.

I have heard that this is a typical problem with the short wheelbase trucks. is it because of chassis stiffness, suspension or???
Old 01-30-2006, 09:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

is this with autotrack on? If so might have somthing to do with the front drive shaft vibrations
Old 01-30-2006, 10:08 AM
Registered abuser

its in 2wd. havent ran it more than about 35 or 40 with autotrac on
Old 01-30-2006, 10:38 AM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine does it too, same speed 65-75. It did it with the factory Firestone 265's, and it does it with my BFG 285's...still have the factory wheels. I was able to almost get rid of it by roadforce balancing the factory tires once, but the shake was still slightly there. Once I had the BFG's put on, it came back full force. I was gonna try roadforce balancing them again, but I plan to change wheels and tires hopefully this spring. I remember reading a while back about a bunch of folks complaining about the same problem...but it seemed like most of them had extra cabs. They were calling their trucks "Shakerado's". Not sure exactly what the problem is, but I know that you're not the only one.
Old 01-30-2006, 10:50 AM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

mine is the GRAND shakerado.

First question first...did the shake come out of no where one day and has always been there? not after a gear change? (noticed you point out "stock 3.73's") or something you've always delt with but just now are writing about? (I guess that's 3 questions...LOL)

Ft Misery eh? Do you 4X4 alot...muddin'..joltin her around in 4wd? Just balancing my front shaft nearly killed all vibration for me. To test that theory take your front shaft out and then test drive it. (front shaft should always spin in autotracs)
Old 01-30-2006, 01:27 PM
Registered abuser

everything is factory stock. the H/P duelers seemed to help a little over the factory meats, but its not a tire balance problem, they have been roadforced twice and the wheels are dead nuts straight. the vibe feels like its coming from the rear of the truck, and compared to the speed, it is slow frequency. it only does it when its on the road, and it doesnt do it as bad when the tailgate is down. matter of fact, with half a tank of gas and the gate down you cant even feel it. it is factory gears, and has done it from when it was new. the original owner had it balanced 4 or 5 times at the dealer before he got it right.

I bought the truck because the 4x4 "condom theory". there is times hauling my boat and customers boats that I need 4wd pulling up dirt berms and other sandy situations. as for the mud, I dont think it would make it very far with the Dueler H/Ps (street truck tire). it doesnt do bad in deep sand though, and IF I go to play, thats what I hit.
Old 01-30-2006, 01:47 PM

Received 226 Likes on 150 Posts

i had an old single cab that vibrated. you could see it in the steering wheel and passenger seat but the rims were dead nuts straight and roadforce balanced. never figured out what it was but it only did it at highway speeds.
Old 01-30-2006, 02:19 PM
TECH Junkie

mine used to.. but i had it aligned and also had the drive shaft balenced for $30 and its fine now... but i might have needed that anyway since i have 86k miles.
Old 01-30-2006, 04:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Interesting...never heard of a "RCSB vibration". My truck has never vibrated. I still have the stock aluminum wheels and 255/70-16 General tires.
Old 01-30-2006, 06:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

when i go over 55 my steering wheel shakes side to side fast. i have yet to figure out what the hell it is. its soo annoying!

Quick Reply: RCSB vibrations