Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

Rear Disc Conversion for 05' & Up Silverados

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2006, 05:01 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Rear Disc Conversion for 05' & Up Silverados

I finally had a guy from Baer Brakes confirm the rear Drum to Disc conversion kit part# today.
The kit comes with everything to convert your drum brakes to disc brakes.
It is a 14" GT style rotor (slotted & drilled) with dual piston calipers, caliper brakets, internal parking brake assembly, and all necessary hardware to make everything bolt right up.
Kit Part# 4302081
Retail price: $1395.00
Hope this helps clear all this up!

Jim
Old 01-04-2006, 06:10 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You are welcome Jim
Old 01-04-2006, 07:29 PM
TECH Junkie

Wink

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
You are welcome Jim
I guess......thank you. I found all info from David at Baer Brakes.
Thanks for the info you gave out somewhere though. Haven't read it I guess.
YOU GOT THE DIESEL ENGINE IN YOU TRUCK YET!!!!!!!!!!????????

Jim
Old 01-04-2006, 07:53 PM

I told you when you first started asking about the conversion about Baer making a kit you said no and I told yuou yeah they did. Yes the motor is between the framerails and bolted up to the trans Im fixing to eat then start connecting **** up
Old 01-04-2006, 08:21 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
I told you when you first started asking about the conversion about Baer making a kit you said no and I told yuou yeah they did. Yes the motor is between the framerails and bolted up to the trans Im fixing to eat then start connecting **** up
FINALLY!!! Sounding good. I know you told me they did earlier, but two different idiots that work at Baer Brakes kept telling me that there very own part# 4302081 did not exist. They would tell me that they are not sure about even producing a kit for the 05' & Up Silverados with the rear drum brakes.
Finally I sent them an e-mail of another owners pictures of the Baer brake conversion kit all laid out.
After the forth email I sent them about this, they then appoligized and said that they do make that particular kit.
Looks like Baer needs to keep their employees a little more up to date with all of their products they sell.
Thanks for the first time you told me. I should have just listen to you in the first place...................Ahhhhhh hell who am I kidding, you still haven't got that engine in your truck yet! Guess I'll listen to you more when you show me how well that engine runs!!
You'd better do some double checking on your internals clearancing before firing that thing up! That would be a lot of money to blow up.
I do recommend that you put your happy fluid down for a night when you check your clearances.
Good luck with all of the installs!

Jim
Old 01-04-2006, 09:49 PM
TECH Addict

Getting rid of those drums Jim?
Old 01-04-2006, 10:17 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by sleek silverado
Getting rid of those drums Jim?
Soon as the dealership gets my braking problems fixed I will do it. There seems to be a problem in either the brake booster, master cylinder, or proportioning valve causing my rear shoes to apply without pushing the brake petal.
Yeah, the drums suck. Period!
Can't wait til after I get married to buy the conversion kit. Sometime in March or Arpril I hope.
Hows your pregnant woman doing.
Hope all is going well.
Boy or Girl, or do you know yet?

Jim
Old 01-05-2006, 05:52 AM

Jim did you use the link that I gave you to GMFS to finally persuade them? Clearances were checked the motor is buttoned up and in the truck and everything that oyu can do without heads or intake on are done. Should be thorugh tomorrow hopefully. Actually dropped the engine with the bolts for the tc still in the tc so I had to pull the motor back out to get the bolts out and that was totally sober then I started drinking after that and didnt have a problem for the rest of the night so beer makes me work BETTER
Old 01-05-2006, 08:13 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by CHEVY6000VHO
Soon as the dealership gets my braking problems fixed I will do it. There seems to be a problem in either the brake booster, master cylinder, or proportioning valve causing my rear shoes to apply without pushing the brake petal.
Yeah, the drums suck. Period!
Can't wait til after I get married to buy the conversion kit. Sometime in March or Arpril I hope.
Hows your pregnant woman doing.
Hope all is going well.
Boy or Girl, or do you know yet?

Jim
She is doing well. It is a girl.
Old 01-05-2006, 06:04 PM
.T.
TECH Resident

If this conversion kit is the same as the Alumasport kit I had and sold because Baer told me they didn't make a conversion kit 4 weeks ago ( ) be aware that you have to run an 18" or larger wheel to fit over it.

Quick Reply: Rear Disc Conversion for 05' & Up Silverados