Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

Rear Suspension Squeak

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2006, 01:13 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Suspension Squeak

Guys I know this one has been discussed a few times here and I found a few answers or possible remedies on the site but nothing concrete. Well I have been fighting this one for a while too, finally got around to messing with it this weekend. I know its still early, but I will keep you guys posted on how its working.

I went to O'Reilley's and bought a spray can of Dupont, White Lithium Grease, I had used this before on some other non-truck related stuff and it worked great. Tightened up my Spring Clamps, they were a tad bit loose, but I hadn't really tightened them up and re-torqued them since putting them on and driving a while, so that could have been part of the problem. Then I sprayed this grease on the Belltech Shackle Bushings, top and bottom sides, at the stock hangers and on the leafs. Only bad thing is this grease basically goes on white, so you may have to clean up any visible areas where you don't want the white residue shown. But so far, so good. I haven't driven many just yet, but I can tell you there is a very noticable difference in drivability, suspension feels much smoother.

I will keep posted on the long term effects hoping this will cure the squeak for a good long while.