Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

Rear sway bar

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 07:26 AM
11 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear sway bar

I got a couple gift cards for X-mas and bought a Hellwig Rear sway bar with them. Im hopeing it will help me 60' a little better but it should help the handling alot.
Old 01-21-2009, 07:42 AM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

cool...you want a cookie? LOL How about a beer? I have some beer that SUPPOSEDLY tastes like fruity pebbles you can have. Keep on trying...you aren't gonna catch me even if it is around corners.
Old 01-21-2009, 07:51 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I think its helped LOCK the rear in mine a bit. Smoothed the launch out a bit. I've not been able to make it wheel hop that I would get with the 4wd launches. Don't know that it will improve my 60?

It does make the truck fell more stable normal driving.

You know Dewey.. gets defensive when he's worried. Smack him in the nuts for me next time you see him.
Old 01-21-2009, 07:54 AM

I just want him to come to the house to have a beer.
Old 01-21-2009, 08:45 AM
11 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by dewmanshu
cool...you want a cookie? LOL How about a beer? I have some beer that SUPPOSEDLY tastes like fruity pebbles you can have. Keep on trying...you aren't gonna catch me even if it is around corners.
Allways startin ****. Run me with out the nitrous . I am sure the truck has an 11.5 in it I just need the tune tweaked at the track. You know it will. No I want Dirt the wife wont make it for me only for Cory.

Originally Posted by KySilverado
I think its helped LOCK the rear in mine a bit. Smoothed the launch out a bit. I've not been able to make it wheel hop that I would get with the 4wd launches. Don't know that it will improve my 60?

It does make the truck fell more stable normal driving.

You know Dewey.. gets defensive when he's worried. Smack him in the nuts for me next time you see him.
Im glad to hear it smoothed the launch a bit it seems the fastest Car's/Truck's launch smoothly. Ive talked to Calvert racing they said a rear sway bar can help a little and un hooking the front sway bar. Along with the shocks they offer. which I didnt buy.
Old 01-21-2009, 08:59 AM
11 Second Truck Club

Wow I ordered it yesterday day and got it today ummit acing is awsome.
Old 01-21-2009, 09:15 AM

I'll run you with out the blower...but don't get mad when I swing into your front quarter panel and take your panzy 2wd *** off the road. Bet that bar won't stop that "sway".

Since you really only race your truck, have you thought about getting the brace and just removing the sway bar? (now that you have already bought the sway bar lol) I think we have discussed this before that it might not work, but i don't know much about it...just throwing it out there for discussion really.

http://www.lpwracing.com/p_axletubebrace.asp
Old 01-21-2009, 09:55 AM
11 Second Truck Club

I AM NOT MAD. No axle tube brace end of discussion, I all ready have the sway bar assambled and ready to go on.
Old 01-21-2009, 10:00 AM

...don't be ...be more . Beer is cold, I am leaving it outside, so grab some if I not home when you visit.
Old 01-21-2009, 10:23 AM
11 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by dewmanshu
...don't be ...be more . Beer is cold, I am leaving it outside, so grab some if I not home when you visit.
I'll come up when I get my new lap top which will be soon maybe tomorrow if you want I can stop by on Sat or Sun.

Quick Reply: Rear sway bar