Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

regeared. now abs,tcs, stabilitrak issues

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2010, 03:58 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default regeared. now abs,tcs, stabilitrak issues

So I have an 08 silverado 1500. I replaced my factory 3.42s with yukon 4.10s. When I picked it up from the shop, the service traction control, stabilitrak, trailor breaks, and abs lights were on. I figured it was the programming, so I drove home and plugged in my superchips flashpaq(dont flame ill get bb one of these days) and reprogrammed to the 4.10s. All the lights are still on. anyone know what this could be?
Old 11-06-2010, 09:34 PM
Launching!

make sure everything underneath is plugged in still. especially any wheel speed sensors.
Old 11-06-2010, 10:05 PM
TECH Resident

I am having the same problem. Regeared from 3.42 to 4.11, same idiot lights on as you have. I had a front hub that was bad so I replaced it and regeared the front. While I was regearing the front I had my tune updated to the new gear ratio. Finally drove around today and I still have the ABS/ Service Brake System and another brake light burning steady on the cluster.

As many gear swaps as folks have done on here I figured I would be able to find the solution but I haven't found it yet. Does another module need to be reprogrammed with a tech2 or something?
Old 11-06-2010, 10:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Usually, common gear ratios such as a 3.73 or 4.11 that was available from the General are not big deal, but sometimes when going to a deeper ratio such as a 4.56 or really 4.88’s or so, especially when running large diameter tires, you sometimes have to just keep tweaking the speed calibration a little at a time until it works. It may be a little harder on a newer vehicle that never had such a ratio, but generally after you enter the true gear ratio, you would just keep playing with the tire height in the calibration until everything is happy again. It may help if you had access to a GPS that will register vehicle speed to nail things down a little quicker.

One thing I do, as no one that comes to have me work on their truck ever has stock wheels and tires is to actually measure their overall tire height, instead of relying on advertised tire sizes. While ideally the numbers on the side wall should be accurate, it seems as when going from one manufacturer to another, they are always slightly different. So much so, that if you or your tuner is relying on the sidewall information for the calibration info, it could very well be enough of a difference to cause your issues.
Old 11-06-2010, 10:46 PM
TECH Resident

I guess I'll get some measurements and track the speed with GPS and then tinker with it some myself. See what happens.