Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

Ridetech Coil-overs Installed gmt-800

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2013 | 12:28 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ShredSled
Damn that's rough! ^

What LCA's do you have, OE torsion bar? those lower mounts really limit overall travel on lowered trucks...

And Ridetech was one of the companies I called... they were, to my surprise, less than helpful. That is after I told him I don't want to buy Strong arms and an airbag setup... then he just kept saying how there's nothing he can do for me since I have torsion bar LCA's from another manufacturer (DJM) and also 4wd with CV shafts. He said he doesn't recommend a coilover setup...

...but either way in the end I ordered Ridetech HQ coilovers anyway, with the 2" stud upper mounts. I just highly prefer the Mono tube design over twin tube and realy like the upper ball stud mounts over the cheap QA1 ones.
they are stock plated lcas and im going from bags to coil overs. and i never had torsion bars to worry about. being that i have to cut the bag mounts off and weld new mounts on i can figure my own geometry and ride height and have everything the way i want it.
Old 07-16-2013 | 09:50 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by PaulyC
they are stock plated lcas and im going from bags to coil overs. and i never had torsion bars to worry about. being that i have to cut the bag mounts off and weld new mounts on i can figure my own geometry and ride height and have everything the way i want it.
Cool. If you're doing custom fab like that you should raise your UCA mounts too!! And maybe extend out the upper shock mount and build a removeable strut bar connecting the top of the coilovers to each other over the engine. That's really what I wish I could do, but lack the fabrication skills or resources.
Old 07-17-2013 | 05:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Name:  678A0069_zpsee7d6c40.jpg
Views: 380
Size:  37.7 KB
Name:  678A0067_zps072a9337.jpg
Views: 386
Size:  40.5 KB
Old 07-17-2013 | 10:12 AM
Launching!

Damn that sucks. are they going to fix it?
Old 07-17-2013 | 12:39 PM
Staging Lane

what the hell happened?
Old 07-18-2013 | 05:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TheBeeblebrox
Damn that sucks. are they going to fix it?
Originally Posted by PaulyC
what the hell happened?
I sure hope so...the guy said he was working on it last weekend (dropped it off on a Wednesday morning, he called that night to tell me they hit it). Last I heard from his was on Sunday I think. I have called, text, and sent messages via FB, not a word back. Starting to get a little worried. Thinking I need to just call my insurance Friday and see what they say.
Old 07-25-2013 | 08:49 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by texasglock23
I sure hope so...the guy said he was working on it last weekend (dropped it off on a Wednesday morning, he called that night to tell me they hit it). Last I heard from his was on Sunday I think. I have called, text, and sent messages via FB, not a word back. Starting to get a little worried. Thinking I need to just call my insurance Friday and see what they say.
Did you get it sorted out yet?

I hate leaving my truck at shops because of stuff like this, they should throw in some cleared headlights and an HD hood when they fix it!
Old 07-25-2013 | 08:56 PM
TECH Resident

yeah i rather fix it myself than see something like this happin to me. Best of luck man!
Old 07-26-2013 | 06:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TheBeeblebrox
Did you get it sorted out yet?

I hate leaving my truck at shops because of stuff like this, they should throw in some cleared headlights and an HD hood when they fix it!
Same here, this is the first time it has ever been in another garage other than man! Still waiting. I tried for an HD hood, he wasn't having it. He said he would do all the work for $250, not sure if that included the price or not of the actual hood. I had denali lights, I don't like clear, I'll be buying a new set of headlights. I told him to paint my rear bumper, and weld the hole for the spare tire bs for me and I would buy my own headlight (I was afraid he would get some ebay knock-off ****).
Originally Posted by brandon6.0
yeah i rather fix it myself than see something like this happin to me. Best of luck man!
I'm not a fabricator, and have no skills in tubbing a trick. No welder, knowledge, or desire to try. So I took a chance and let someone who has the skill do it. It was a freak accident, but at my expense nonetheless. A customers Yukon died while backing it out, the truck coasted into mine.
Old 07-26-2013 | 06:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

And thanks Brandon, I was literally sick to my stomach when I saw it in person. Still disgusted over it. It's one thing to be the reason your truck is destroyed, it's another when it happens when you aren't anywhere around...

I don't want to clutter up your thread anymore with random off-topic bs. Once I get it back, and dialed in, I will update you guys for sure.

Quick Reply: Ridetech Coil-overs Installed gmt-800