Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

servo and shift kit

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 10:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default servo and shift kit

are they worth the hassle, as far as prolonging the life of my 60e?

they seem like a cheap and easy mod, but i dont need super hard shifts, i am just curious of how to make my little 60e last longer. its fine now, but i am into the modding foot deep...cam, headers, tune, etc..... dont wanna break this poor transmission.
Old 01-11-2008, 11:40 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

in short, yes it's worth it. get a transmission cooler too.
Old 01-11-2008, 11:44 AM

Received 226 Likes on 150 Posts

it depends on who you talk to. if you ask me i would say to just put in a servo and bump the line pressure some. take the money you saved on the shiftkit/install and put it towards a fully built unit when your current 60e takes a dump.
Old 01-11-2008, 12:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

i hate when i hear stuff like that! i tuned it and took TM off, and it shifts pretty firm now..... i guess i may throw some cheap corvette servo's in there.

thanks
Old 01-11-2008, 10:03 PM
no title here

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That stall will absorb ALOT of the shift firmness. I had the shift firmness on my A4 Z28 turned all the way up. Installed a TC and had to install a shift kit. You would be very surprised and what the TC will soak up. Get the shift kit. If you are pretty good at tuning would you want to tune an 04 GMC Yukon? I live in Montgomery just a thought.
Old 01-12-2008, 12:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

well SKYHIGH, i am good at tuning with my tuner...but i have a predator. i have learned everything i could about the product, and tuned my vehicle accordingly...but it wont do as much as EFI live or HPtuners....and it is locked to MY vehicle unless i restore the factory tune.

i DO, however, have a partner that dynotunes down here in mobile for around $150 using HPtuners and he is VERY knowledgable with that software.

food for thought.

i am sure there is a dynotuner available in montgomery somewhere. it usually ranges in price from 200 to 400 dollars for a good dyno tune, and there is no time limit on tuning. you can stay there for hours til they get it right. either way, thats cheaper than buying a tuner.
Old 01-12-2008, 12:57 PM
Teching In

I changed out the Servo bought a Jet line pressure dealy on it and it's worthless well it hits a little harder nothing to brag about so now I bought a B&M shift kit but now I just need to install it im afraid of the transmission shelling out by using the street/strip mode so im going to use the RV mode but even that scares me I would hate messing up my trans what I really want to do is rebuilt this other one I have with heavy duty parts like sun shell for that's what happen to my first transmission that was unrepairable money doesn't grow on tree's around here anyone in Houston want to install it for me just send me PM also I have a bad back. (Taking bids) Thanks! Have a Great Weekend!
Old 01-12-2008, 01:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

damn!! what a huge run-on sentence!!

just jokin man. yeah, i am just lookin to prolong it as much as i can. i have a 100,000 mile warranty for drivetrain, but i think they would find a way to not cover the tranny with all the mods i have going on the truck.

they get ya like that at the stealership.
Old 01-12-2008, 04:26 PM
no title here

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If he will tune it on a dyno for 150 I will bring it to him. PM me the details I am ordering stuff for my wifes truck to get it ready because I would like to have it tuned.
Old 01-14-2008, 06:50 PM
Teching In

Default Corvette servoes?

I have seen the use of corvette servoes all over this site. What do they do and are they easy to install?

Thanks'
Chris

Quick Reply: servo and shift kit