Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

Shift kit install, now no reverse?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2006, 09:41 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm using the sonnax 2nd and 4th servos, I did not use any of the transgo gold shims since the servo assembly did not go back in with them, I did grind about 1/32"-3/64" off the tip of the shaft to get the .125" of travel according to the sonnax instructions. I did see the gold washer between the 4th servo and e-clip when I took it out to check if everythign was in properly earlier, maybe it left out when I put the factory servos back in to test the travel. I need to get some more 4th gear servo o-rings to check that.

The check ball on the case side of the transmission is there, hopefully I don't have to pull the pan again since it is becomeing a pita to unbolt then engine mounts to jack the transmission up to get the pan out. Does anyone else have clearance issues with the factory crossover pipe and the factory tranny pan, that just didn't seem right to me having to do all that to get the pan off especially for a full size truck.

Hey Vince if you want I can paypal you some Becks, just let me know.
Old 11-27-2006, 07:19 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Yukon 400
The check ball on the case side of the transmission is there, hopefully I don't have to pull the pan again since it is becomeing a pita to unbolt then engine mounts to jack the transmission up to get the pan out. Does anyone else have clearance issues with the factory crossover pipe and the factory tranny pan, that just didn't seem right to me having to do all that to get the pan off especially for a full size truck.
Man yr working too hard, unbolt the trans mount jack up the trans a bit, and use a bar to pull down on the exhaust. The pan comes right out on mine.
Old 11-27-2006, 08:01 PM
On The Tree

I did try to just unbolt the tranny mount and jack it up from the transfer case but that only gets me about 3/8" above the x-member and the pan still catches on the accumulator and the y-pipe. All I know is that all the other vehicles that I have owned were a lot easier to pull the pan just unbolt and it came out.
Old 12-01-2006, 03:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

drop your y-pipe, it'll make things so much more easier. Here's my pics from theTransGo HD2 install