Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

Sierra killed another tranny

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2006, 09:26 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sierra killed another tranny

.. this was all taken off my local racing board, so it miht not all make since ..

The Sierra went though its 3RD tranny in 80,000 miles, granted every tranny was put in under warranty..

Thought I would let you all know ..

::WARNING!!::

She will be back soon ..

I have to add that it didnt really come apart, I was driving down HW290 going to RoundRock when I heard this funky noise right after Sawyer Ranch rd. I thought it was a ricer going the other way. I paid no attention to it. Then I heard it again for a second when I was going up the hill by Buddie's Corner store(Circle Dr.), then it went away. By now I knew what was going on(I thought) so I was just trying to get to 1826/290 so I can park it at the Texaco there. Right before I go to slow down to pull in it starts to making the noise, not going away this time. I stop at the light, go to go and it stumbles and acts like the rearend is coming apart. Then it goes and goes across with out a problem and I park.

Now im sitting there waiting for the tow truck to show and I think, im in a bad spot for the tow truck so I risk it and move the truck, it made a lil noise and moved fine. So I think it cant be the rearend unless it was the clutches in my rearend coming apart.. Im sitting there think what it can be, I guess it is the torque converter and it is just having issues.. The Tow Truck shows and puts the truck on it .. $75 later the truck is sitting at my house with me scratching my head..

I talked to my tranny guy and he thinks it is my planetary ring gears.

Now im sick of my truck being down because of damn trannies, this tranny is going to be built. I getting all hardened internals, trans go shift kit, billet serveos, yank 2600 stall, and everything that I can get thats none GM stock crap..

I will be getting it tuned once I can get the money together again ..
Old 10-31-2006, 02:00 PM
Launching!

Which parts should I get put in it .. I dont know anything about a 4L60e, come on guys.. Help a brother out ..
Old 10-31-2006, 02:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Check FLT's site----------------->

They sell all of the good parts as well as complete trannys. Everyone raves about their customer service too. When my 60e grenades, I'll be giving them a call.
Old 10-31-2006, 05:00 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Call Chuck at FLT.
Old 10-31-2006, 08:52 PM
Launching!

Im going to just rebuild the tranny I have, so I was asking what parts I should get ??
Old 10-31-2006, 08:53 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by NBred94
Check FLT's site----------------->

They sell all of the good parts as well as complete trannys. Everyone raves about their customer service too. When my 60e grenades, I'll be giving them a call.
Ooops, didnt see this post ..