Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

slammed C3/Denali ??

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2008, 03:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2001si3rr@
You would have to post up some pictures, but I don't see where spacers would help out. The spacers I believe you are talking about come with a knuckle lift kit? They come with the kit because the replacement knuckles make the track width wider than stock, and they fill the gap to make the shafts longer. He is prolly going through shafts so much because of the sever angles he has on them, 7 inches of drop is alot! Even more so when he's AWD. It's the same thing when you go lifted you can only safely put so much angle on the shafts before you start shreading them.
I looked into what you posted and yes it was a knuckle kit (rcd). He might have to do some measuring and make up his own length since he wouldn't be using extended knuckles. He drove around for a few month's with them like that and never had a problem with the shafts till he made a hard turn.

Mike is a different sort of person. He cut the bumpstops completly off the truck the first weekend he owned it (just found this out when we were discussing why he never had any binding of his ball joints). The original gm running boards were a 1" off the ground, they were removed.

Only reason he hasn't slammed it again for me to take a picture is because the back isn't as easy as the front . He doesn't want to have to pull the gas tank out again to install the drop springs for the rear.

Thanks for the responses by the way