Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

Slipping trans

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 07:50 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It really depends on if you remove the trans yourself or not. To honor a warranty they are going to want to do the r&r and probably install a new converter as well.

I am guessing 1300-1800 to have a shop do everything. Just a wild *** guess though!
Old 03-05-2012, 08:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Transmissions are a whole new world

STALLS, HD SERVOS , I CANT DO BUT A OIL COOLER I CAN DO. I WOULD THINK IF I ASKED THE GUY TO ADD THE HD SERVO IT WOULDNT BE AN ARM N A LEG BUT WHAT ABOUT A STALL DO I NEED THAT
Originally Posted by JFOLM
It really depends on if you remove the trans yourself or not. To honor a warranty they are going to want to do the r&r and probably install a new converter as well.

I am guessing 1300-1800 to have a shop do everything. Just a wild *** guess though!
Old 03-05-2012, 09:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default I think this i'll get this upgraded

Originally Posted by mangled03gmc
read post 13.
i think i'll get this fixed , now that i know what the parts are going into the shop i can talk the talk with the tech... The servo totally looks doable but i dont feel like f'n with it

we'll give r a shot tommorow
Old 03-06-2012, 04:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default Shop is working on trans n ordered parts

The trans shop order the trans part and has the trans out already i do have the wheatley tune, im getting the vette servo and hd shift kit an trans cooler. 2 questions
are all trans coolers the same?
What effect will the servo have on my tune ?
Originally Posted by 40series
i think i'll get this fixed , now that i know what the parts are going into the shop i can talk the talk with the tech... The servo totally looks doable but i dont feel like f'n with it

we'll give r a shot tommorow
Old 03-06-2012, 05:18 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Get as big a trans cooler as you can, many go with the TruCool 40,000 GVW one and mount it in the stock location. Don't use any washers in the shift kit unless you like hard shifts at part throttle. Use aluminum accumulator pistons instead of the plastic ones (like $5). Servos won't have any adverse affect on your tune, but if you had line pressure bumped up, Wheatley will probably return it to stock. Just tell Charlie what you did to it and he will know what to change, he's done one or two of these trucks before

Best of luck with everything.
Old 03-06-2012, 05:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default Hard shifts ?

This hard shift thing is something i just like a nice long pull smooth , i guess the hd shift kit messes with the shifting points? I just know i want the trans to last . I dont know what it will ride like till i get it back. He has it torn apart . I do remember the trans guy saying he'll bump up the line pressure to 120
Originally Posted by tx tahoe z71
get as big a trans cooler as you can, many go with the trucool 40,000 gvw one and mount it in the stock location. Don't use any washers in the shift kit unless you like hard shifts at part throttle. Use aluminum accumulator pistons instead of the plastic ones (like $5). Servos won't have any adverse affect on your tune, but if you had line pressure bumped up, wheatley will probably return it to stock. Just tell charlie what you did to it and he will know what to change, he's done one or two of these trucks before

best of luck with everything.
Old 03-06-2012, 05:55 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Shift points are controlled by the tune. You want a quick, positive shift. Too hard and you break hard parts, to long and it will generate heat and friction on the clutches.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default Fresh trans in today

Fresh trans in today , it rides firm shifts are crisp with the servo im wondering how long these tires will last