Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

Smoked the 60E (kinda long)

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2008, 01:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Do you all carry a fire extinguisher in your trucks? I've been thinking about buying one of those small ones and putting it under my back seat in case a fire was to start somehow.
Old 11-24-2008, 08:39 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GMCtrk
Do you all carry a fire extinguisher in your trucks? I've been thinking about buying one of those small ones and putting it under my back seat in case a fire was to start somehow.
I've been wanting to do that for a while, I just keep forgetting. It's a good idea, just in case ya know....and the regular red ones are cheap enough that it's almost silly not to have one, especially for guys like us who are always messing with our **** lol.
Old 11-24-2008, 10:10 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Originally Posted by budhayes3
Any idea what happened? I'm guessing that the torque converter took a dump and blew chunks throughout the trans? Then I revved the snot out of it to limp to a parking lot, and spun the **** out of the pump, raising the pressure and blowing the line off, and later blowing the dipstick out of the tube once the line was ultra-tightened on. I could be waaaay off, this is just my guess. Whatever happened, the truck is idle for a while.

The other hypothesis is that the line blew off first, pumped the fluid out of it causing it to slip like crazy and smoking the clutches.
Anybody have any thoughts about this theory?
Old 11-25-2008, 09:40 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Sorry bout the blowup.... The squirrel thing is classic.

Little tidbit about squirrels keeping their jewels. Dominate males in an area will raid all the nests in his territory after the newbies are born and chew the nuts off all the males he can find.
Old 11-25-2008, 09:46 AM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KySilverado
Little tidbit about squirrels keeping their jewels. Dominate males in an area will raid all the nests in his territory after the newbies are born and chew the nuts off all the males he can find.
Uh, Roger....never mind, I don't want to know
Old 11-25-2008, 09:53 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by trever1t
Uh, Roger....never mind, I don't want to know
I'll take a guess. I used to hunt squirrel all the time. You would very seldom shoot any squirrels with the jewels. In fact I don't know that I have ever shot a male squirrel that still had his nuts. Inquiring mind and had to find out why.
Old 11-25-2008, 11:27 AM
PT's Slowest Truck

Originally Posted by KySilverado
Sorry bout the blowup.... The squirrel thing is classic.

That's effed up on so many levels, both for the chewie and the chewer
Old 11-25-2008, 11:33 AM
13 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GMCtrk
Originally Posted by budhayes3
I've been wanting to do that for a while, I just keep forgetting. It's a good idea, just in case ya know....and the regular red ones are cheap enough that it's almost silly not to have one, especially for guys like us who are always messing with our **** lol.
After I wired in two amps, LS1 electric fans, MSD Ignition box, New headunit, and other stuff I went and bought a fairly small red one for 15 bucks. Then I noticed Harbor Freight has a perfectly sized silver one for 10 bucks that would have been perfect to mount in a vehicle.
Old 11-25-2008, 11:35 AM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Squirrel is great on a cast iron skillet with a little butter and garlic huh!
Old 11-25-2008, 12:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Hahahaha .... many years ago when I came across that little tidbit. Don't want to spread mis-information. I'm a victim of rural legend.... maybe.

Yep squirrel, rabbit, and dove all fry and bake up nicely with the right seasoning!

Sorry for the thread hi-jack Bud

Gray squirrels usually have two mating seasons in a year; in mid-winter and early summer. The gray squirrel forms a pecking order usually with the oldest male squirrel as the top squirrel. There is a myth of red squirrels chasing gray or fox squirrels to castrate them. This is not true. This story came about because after the mating season in the fall, the ********* of fox and gray squirrels shrink so much in size that it looks like they have been removed. Also older squirrels during mating season will try to chase the younger males out of their territory and until they’re fully grown the young male’s ********* don’t descend. Squirrels rarely get into major fights among themselves. The worst fights occur when a female chases males away from her nest that contains her babies. She chases him nipping at his flanks to speed him on his way. Squirrels’ chasing each other is normal play behavior in a colony and males chase females until she decides to let him catch her. After mating the female chases the male away and she raises the litter by herself. If the doe did not protect her young, some male squirrels might kill the young to cause the doe to reenter estrus. The doe will prepare a nest of dry leaves, typically in a hollow tree. Eastern gray squirrel does as young as five and a half months old have been known to have pups. The gestation period is from forty-four to forty-six days. Litter size ranges from two to four pups; the winter litter is generally smaller than the summer litter. The average female produces six offspring each year.

Quick Reply: Smoked the 60E (kinda long)