Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

So im on my 5th transmission..

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2011, 06:55 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the respect guys. I do appreciate it. No doubt the OP is in good hands with Jake and his crew!

Good luck with it guys...

g
Old 12-09-2011, 08:17 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by Gilbert@Ace Racing
Thanks for the respect guys. I do appreciate it. No doubt the OP is in good hands with Jake and his crew!

Good luck with it guys...

g
Hey do you do rollcages??? or motorswaps? I plan on doing a stroker motor and need someone to do it as i work 7 days a week an just don't have the time.. Plan on doing this during the summer, for me that is my downtime from racing.. just too damn hot to go out there.
lemme know I'll probably have my motor built either here locally or maybe let HKE in houtson do it, they seem to have phenomoinal results..
Old 12-10-2011, 10:10 AM
Staging Lane

Wow, hate to hear of that much trans trouble man. Hope the 80e serves you well.

If you have electrical issues with the PCM/TCU stuff I'm guessing you could have all the trans programming tuned out and run a manual valvebody with a slap-shifter. Not the best for normal driving, but for racing they're awesome.
Old 12-10-2011, 10:32 AM
FormerVendor

Thanks for asking. I do not install cages, however I do have relationships with shops that can and do install cages. I could strip it down and deliver it to my guy, have the cage installed and reinstall the components removed for hr cage install. No big deal. And yes I can do the motor swap as well. If you'd like to call I wouldn't mind helpin you plan the project.

g
Old 12-11-2011, 07:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I honestly would never think about putting any kind of real power through the Jatco RE5R05A. These units have issue in stock form and we see them often in the shop I work in. I will also add the the radiators in those vehicles suck. We constantly see units in where the trans oil looks like a milk shake. Seems to be a common issue for these. If you plan on using the factory radiator do yourself a favor and bypass the radiator all together for the trans. Install an external cooler to avoid screwing up your new 80E. HTH Vince
Old 12-11-2011, 07:19 AM
12 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by Vince B
I honestly would never think about putting any kind of real power through the Jatco RE5R05A. These units have issue in stock form and we see them often in the shop I work in. I will also add the the radiators in those vehicles suck. We constantly see units in where the trans oil looks like a milk shake. Seems to be a common issue for these. If you plan on using the factory radiator do yourself a favor and bypass the radiator all together for the trans. Install an external cooler to avoid screwing up your new 80E. HTH Vince
It's funny you mention the radiator, lol I replaced the stock radiator maybe a week before the trans went with a CSF dual core racing radiator. I have just about replaced all the chinsy stuff nissan put into the titan.

Stock rotors and brake system ------ replaced
rear end differential --------------- replaced
radiator----------- replaced
shitty radiator fans--------- replaced

only thing i can think of that might still be a weak link is my stock pistons and rods, but those are going to get taken care of this summer as well.