Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

Something New From Performabuilt "restoration"

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2008, 04:59 PM
LS1TECH & Trucks Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Something New From Performabuilt "restoration"

We have come up with a plan for our customers who are now out of warranty. We feel this is a great way to help our customers in a new and different way.
On all PerformaBuilt 4L60E, 7004R , TH350 and 400 units regardless of when they were purchased or LEVEL if there is ever a failure, we service what we sell. Any time after the warranty period if theres ever a failure of any kind you can contact us, we will explain to you how to box the transmission up, Once you have done this we will have the transmission picked up and brought to us where we will restore the trans completely not refreshed! Restored just like it was originally built plus any new updates that may have been made since your original purchase and We will return the unit to you ready to go and fully tested with the full Performabuilt warranty according to our normal 6 month or 1 year time frames depending on wether you have the converter refreshed "Performabuilt converter at the same time or purchase a new one" This service cost $950 this includes a complete redo of the trans not just a look over and replace whats damaged but the same procedure we use to build the trans in the beginning. All shipping parts and labor fully included regardless of whats damaged in the unit.
We feel there is no reason to fix what isn't broken so don't send the trans back for a RESTORE until it breaks then we will take care of it for you and return in within a few days or receiving it.
We had been ask a few times about a refresh and discussed it and it IMO seemed pointless to send a trans back with nothing wrong with it and in keeping with our normal system we wanted to be able to offer a fixed cost not X amount plus parts and shipping and we wanted to give the customer the peace of mind that once they got there unit back it would be backed by our full warranty Not just 30,60 or 90 days.
We are happy to offer this service please feel free to ask any questions about it but with this service you will never pay full price for a PerformaBuilt unit again.

We will have a plan in place also for the 4L80E but since we only recently started offering these and our warranty is so long we have some time before they will need to be addressed.
Again this is not a repair or a refresh this is a complete restoration.
Old 06-07-2008, 05:53 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I knew I just ordered my level 3 from you for a reason. Thanks again and I am counting the days till early next week. I do have a couple questions though, is this a one time service and with the tranny I ordered will It come with a trans cooler or should I get one on the way. Thanks Trampus Michalsky
Old 06-07-2008, 08:36 PM
LS1TECH & Trucks Sponsor

you will get a cooler with your order and no its not a one time service its any time you have a failure and are out of warranty basically forever.
Old 06-07-2008, 09:45 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

so its 950.00 out of warranty, and 950.00 each time its out of warranty? damn frank NO wonder i bought from ya !!!!

what if i bought a level 2 and after warranty the tranny went to sh*t and i wanted to upgrade, what would the cost be? the difference in the 2 from the beginning?
Old 06-07-2008, 10:40 PM
LS1TECH & Trucks Sponsor

yes it would be the 950 plus the difference between the two levels at the time of the restoration excluding specials and sales of course
Old 06-08-2008, 06:29 AM
TECH Senior Member

Not a bad idea at all. $950 ea time out of warranty? I wish the guy who built mine in my 89 would have done this for me.
Also, does it need to have a Performabuilt conv( either new or used) ?
Or could a person go w/ a PI or Yank & still be covered?
Old 06-22-2008, 11:37 AM
LS1TECH & Trucks Sponsor

You would still be covered but as with the new warranty if its our converter you get a whole year and if its someone elses six months
Old 06-22-2008, 12:32 PM
TECH Junkie

Hate to bring this up but this seriously makes me question the quality of the parts in the trans, if you can offer this service for under 1k and obviously every company is in buisness to make money so that means that either you are putting one hell of a markup on your low cost units and use sub-par parts in your top unit or you are building all your units the same

Just throwin that out there
Old 08-30-2008, 12:08 AM
LS1TECH & Trucks Sponsor

Originally Posted by ZZebes
Hate to bring this up but this seriously makes me question the quality of the parts in the trans, if you can offer this service for under 1k and obviously every company is in buisness to make money so that means that either you are putting one hell of a markup on your low cost units and use sub-par parts in your top unit or you are building all your units the same

Just throwin that out there
No we are making a gamble its simple we know that most of if not all the specialty parts servos etc, beast etc will still be in excellent shape in most cases. And if not well we eat them. So in most cases we are looking at frictions and seals along with shipping. Its really simple some say X amount plus parts we make it easy X amount period and if the units trashed its our loss not the customers they still get top notch quality performance rebuild all over .
We have faith in our units.