Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

SST Yank 3200 & circle d 3200 owners help needed

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2010, 03:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by smokeshow
If Circle D was half the price of Yank, I'd have bought one already.
Exactly. I'da bought mine a long time ago it that was true too.
CircleD is not 1/2 price of the Yank.

Originally Posted by 02'Z71ONDUBZ'
The Circle D converter you are looking at is a re-stalled Trailblazer I6 converter which is where the price difference comes in. If your not making huge power with boost or spray then I would definitely go that route. The Yank is a custom built stall and they build great stalls too. Yank offers 1 free re-stall with their converters, I'm not sure about Circle D.
In all fairness to Chris, the CircleD is custom built as well. I agree that reworked TB would be fine under those conditions. Heck, if I wasn't worried I mighta tried it for what I wanted. I tend to go overkill tho, for a margin of assurance.

As 02'Z71ONDUBZ' said $395 is the reworked TB I6 stall That Yank is $725 is just 1 of their units. To compare apples - apples. For top of the line, both Yank & CD are gonna be ~$950-1000.

Preston129, falloff between gear changes (or shift extensions) is about 200 rpm at part throttle and around 1500 at WOT? Which CircleD are u running?
Old 10-07-2010, 03:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have a circle d and love it. its only a 3000 not a 3200 but still flashes about 3100. $400 to the door if you ask chris for free shipping. just mention this forum.
Old 10-07-2010, 03:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

OP, I'd figure out if u want a mutlidisc (CircleD) or not (Yank).
Lockup @ WOT or not will dictate that choice as well.

My best advice. Call Chris & Dave at Yank.
A good (great) converter isn't cheap, & changes your vehicle, they can provide some insight to better you. A phone call is peanuts compared to the wrong choice.

Chris' customer service is outstanding, since I don't own a Yank, I can't comment on him, but many are pleased there too.
Old 10-07-2010, 05:06 PM
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

A lot of good info in this thread. But like mentioned you need to figure out what you need/want. We have numerous options for you. From the 278mm and the way to the multi disk. Give me a call and we can get something picked for your setup. Or you can shoot me an Ask Chris on my site and I will get back to you.

Chris
Old 10-07-2010, 08:22 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Both are great companies with excellent reputations, I went with a Circle-D billet 258mm multi-disc and I couldn't be happier. This converter reacts awesome at WOT yet around town part throttle driving is not a chore...you definitely know that there's a converter in there but it's very manageable. Yank doesn't offer a multi-disc which was something I definitely wanted as I would like to some day experiment with locking the tcc at WOT, something that Yank wholeheartedly recommends against while Chris at Circle-D encourages it. This multi-disc isn't for the faint of heart though as the lockup clutch hits like a two ton hammer, which I quickly got used to.

Also, both Circle-D and Yank offer converters ranging from mild TB variants up to billet pro series, with comparable prices. I must say that I've heard great things about Yank's customer service, but I know first hand that Chris's customer service is the tops. Even after the sale Chris answered my phone calls and all of the questions that I had, gave me a free re-stall since I hadn't run the converter yet, and contacted me a few months later to hook me up with a t-shirt and some decals (I love that **** lol). Some day, if I ever get the dough, I plan to build my LQ9 and probably get my converter re-stalled from a 2B (2800-3000, currently 2800 behind my 5.3), to a 2C (3200-3400), and I welcome the opportunity to do business with Chris again.
Old 10-07-2010, 09:54 PM
TECH Resident

well said
Old 10-07-2010, 10:06 PM
formerly b4vwannabe (2/4/2012)

Think I've decided to go with Circle D.

I've gotta get gears too. Right now I have 3.23s, going to 4.10 & truetrac.

Do I need to wait on the converter until I have gears, or it is alright to go ahead with converter first?

My main problem is finding someone who can properly set up the gears & true trac. I live about halfway between Jackson, MS & Baton Rouge or New Orleans, LA. Anybody got any recommendations on where to get gears installed?
Old 10-07-2010, 10:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Get in either order, or both at same time. Whatever your wallet can bear.
Old 10-07-2010, 10:31 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by KDavis04ss
well said
Thank you sir

Originally Posted by fastnblu
Get in either order, or both at same time. Whatever your wallet can bear.
Exactly, it doesn't make a difference...my converter is in and gears are next on the list...
Old 10-07-2010, 11:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

ive bought yank twice and was completely satisfied... both converters are still in operation today... a 60e and a 80e.... but i think either way you will be satisfied.... i hear great things about circle D....

i liked my yank TT 3000 because it was tight... it drove similar to stock untill you gave it a decent amount of throttle... and in a heavy truck you dont want something real loose...

hell even my yank 3600 in the 80e was decent part throttle.....

def go 3200 though.. if you go 3000 you will always wonder what that 200 rpm difference would be like...

Quick Reply: SST Yank 3200 & circle d 3200 owners help needed