Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

Steering Stabilizer...

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 10:20 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I personally prefer steering stabilizers on my vehicles 2 or 4 wheels drive. It gives a solid tight feeling to the vehicle. It makes the vehicle feel much more controllable and I notice less fatigue to my damaged shoulder when I drive.

That being said, I don't think it will solve your problem either. It might reduce the effects, but it isn't going to solve them. If you can check through what the others have mentioned and get your problems to lessen, then the stabilizer might be some benefit for you.
Old 07-14-2009, 05:23 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by GMracer
Wait you didn't flip them did you? The DJM TR flip kit? Because that is a SOMETIMES it works thing. I would put them stock, make sure all ends a nice and tight and no play, and maybe have a little neg. caster factored in. It honestly sounds like your caster is off.
I did do the DJM flip kit...biggest waste of money ever on that truck. I already have replacement spindles to put it back to stock. Just been working so much lately that I haven't had time to do it. I know by doing that it will eliminate alot of the bumpstop, but it still will cause the front end to feel all clunky and I want that gone. I was hoping by installing a steering stabilizer that it will help control alot of the movement in the front suspension. I have already replaced the inner tie rods and I checked the outer and they are still in good shape.
Old 07-20-2009, 09:35 AM
TECH Resident

Just wanted to post an update. I put the TRE's back to their stock location and installed some brand new shocks and it made a WORLD of difference. I don't think the truck has ever driven this nice. What I found interesting was how loose all of the bolts on my suspension were. Some came off with little to no effort at all. So, when I put everything back on I made sure everything was tight and it really helped. So I don't think I will be putting on a steering stabilizer for now. Thanks again for everyone's help!
Old 07-20-2009, 05:24 PM
traveling mod

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

glad you got it fixed