Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

Stock 2002 Z71 Torsion bar settings?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2008, 02:26 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock 2002 Z71 Torsion bar settings?

I am going to be putting my suspension back to stock on my 2002 Z71 SCSB, lift blocks and all.
I cranked out my torsion bars so dam long ago I can't remember about where they were from factory.
Anyone have an idea of where the factory settings are?

From what I recall it was about 7 turns out to level my front with the back after I took out the lift blocks. I am going to do this with about a half tank of gas to try and get it at a happy medium sitting on a level surface.
I just want to get close and then maybe get an alignment if needed.

Thanks.
Old 11-22-2008, 03:43 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Set the Torsion bars until the LCA's just make contact with the snubbers. Due to different TB ratings and engine selections, the number of turns may differ. Or if you want to get technical, Z-Height is the proper way to adjust it. These instructions are form Superlift.
���� Position the vehicle on a level surface. Measure from the LCA front pivot bolt center down to the floor. Record this as Measurement “A”.

���� Now measure from the inside edge of the knuckle (at the lower ball joint boss) down to the floor. Record this as Measurement “B”.

Subtract Measurement “B” from “A” for the ride height figure. Minimum ride height is 4.3”;
maximum is 4.8”. Ideal ride height is somewhere in between. Raise height by tightening the torsion bar adjusting bolt; lower height by loosening the bolt. It will be necessary to bounce the front of the vehicle every 1-2 turns of the adjusting bolt to reset the torsion bars. This will ensure accurate adjustments. Adjust height 3/8” to 1/2” above the final desired ride height, since the bars will settle slightly after the vehicle is driven.