Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

stock ride height aftermarket springs, and some other ?s

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2005, 01:10 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stock ride height aftermarket springs, and some other ?s

can someone point me in the right direction as to where i can buy some aftermarket springs that wont lower my truck ( i already have drop spindles)

also ive been loking at some hotchkis parts.... they have 4 inch drop leaf springs? this means they are designed for our trucks with 4 inch drops, correct? does anyone have theses and whats different about them then the stockers.... any better performance
Old 09-17-2005, 06:33 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The hotchkis springs will lower your truck 2" in the front and 4" in the back. To my knowledge there aren't any springs to replace factory that keep the truck stock height.
Old 09-18-2005, 11:20 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im just talking about the rear leaf springs... the leaf springs cant just lower the truck, they would have to be de-arched like crazy to lower the truck...

they are meant to go WITH shackle or hangar drops right???

or am i wrong, do they actually lower the trucks and keep the stock hangar position?
Old 09-18-2005, 04:40 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 5-speedSierra
im just talking about the rear leaf springs... the leaf springs cant just lower the truck, they would have to be de-arched like crazy to lower the truck...

they are meant to go WITH shackle or hangar drops right???

or am i wrong, do they actually lower the trucks and keep the stock hangar position?
The rear Hotchkis springs do lower the truck by themselves, just like any other drop leaf. If you put them in conjunction with a shackle/ hanger drop you would get an 8in. drop, providing you had a frame notch. They are set up different than the factory leaves by having a different spring rate and it is a progressive rate spring unlike the factory.