Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

Strange Tranny Issue

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2011, 03:25 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Strange Tranny Issue

So I'm lost on diagnosing my transmission problem. The problem started a couple months back, the CEL would pop on and throw code P0757 (Shift solenoid B, circuit stuck on) OR (Shift solenoid valve performance...) Two different code readers, two slightly different definitions. Anyway, when the CEL kicks on the truck will go into limp mode and lock in 3rd gear. It started to do this at random times a couple months ago, then the tranny went out completely so as part of the rebuild I had both shift solenoids replaced but since getting the truck back on the road Im still throwing the same code and going into limp mode at random times. Theres no slipping in the tranny and never any warning of when its going to happen, just out of the blue whenever the truck decides to give me a headache. If anyone has any suggestions on a fix or has had this problem please post or shoot me a PM. Driving my truck has become a pain since I dont know when ill be stuck with only 3rd gear. Thanks in advance!

Zach