Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

suspension fix

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 04:40 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default suspension fix

Ok, so the other night I decided to take out a curb at 60 mph. Front end is not straight, abs light is on, destroyed both right side wheels/tires. Wheels and tires alone, how much do yall think I'm looking at to get a local shop to fix?
Old 07-03-2008, 04:51 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How in the hell are we supposed to know? Why don't you be more specific. This is almost as bad as saying "I got in a wreck, how much does it cost to fix it?"

I'd love to help you but you need to post pictures or at least go into a little more detail.
Old 07-03-2008, 05:46 PM
Where's the Beef?

Originally Posted by RandomHero
How in the hell are we supposed to know? Why don't you be more specific. This is almost as bad as saying "I got in a wreck, how much does it cost to fix it?"

I'd love to help you but you need to post pictures or at least go into a little more detail.
HAHAHAHAHA.. Oh so true tho.

Gotta know whats broke to know what it'll cost to fix it.
Old 07-03-2008, 10:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

if the front end is not straight, my only guess is: not cheap. But really, take some pics if you can.
Old 07-04-2008, 11:53 PM
On The Tree

Ok first off, **** off. I'm not a moron and do not expect to be treated as such! If I knew what was broken I would list it. All I want is a ball-park figure from people who have been in my position before. Second off, all I was wanting was an estimate, which is what I was expecting from the body/ auto shops. You want to know details, ask details, don't flame me for not giving details. I have been a part of this forum for 3+ years and have never seen this kind of disrespect and do not appreciate it! I was looking for an opinion from people who have been in my place before and owners of shops if they are kind enough to give a "ball-park" figure. No wonder performance trucks dot net has gone to hell.
Old 07-04-2008, 11:58 PM
Wearin' da big hat

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

ok, based on your info and your attitude I'm going to say

$1 to 10,000
Old 07-05-2008, 12:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Chevy_Truck_Man
Ok first off, **** off. I'm not a moron and do not expect to be treated as such! If I knew what was broken I would list it. All I want is a ball-park figure from people who have been in my position before. Second off, all I was wanting was an estimate, which is what I was expecting from the body/ auto shops. You want to know details, ask details, don't flame me for not giving details. I have been a part of this forum for 3+ years and have never seen this kind of disrespect and do not appreciate it! I was looking for an opinion from people who have been in my place before and owners of shops if they are kind enough to give a "ball-park" figure. No wonder performance trucks dot net has gone to hell.
I did not know we went to hell, but, sorry for treating you like that. I have not been in the same situation, so ill leave it at that.
Old 07-05-2008, 12:19 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Chevy_Truck_Man
Your little rant only furthers supports my theory that you are in fact a moron.

Oh and I have been in your situation twice. The first time my parents had someone pull out in front of them and that wreck was $12,500. The second time, I was backing into a parking spot and hit a concrete bucket. That one cost about $100.

I would say you're looking at around $8400 based on the precise speed you were travelling and lack of information you gave us.
Old 07-05-2008, 01:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

RandomHero has a point about the lack of information. Some pics or an explanation of the damage to your suspension would help alot. Remember, this is a public forum. You have to accept the criticism you may receive on here....whether it's good or bad.
Old 07-06-2008, 09:45 PM
On The Tree

I'll except any criticism given, but when the first sentence of the first response is "How in the hell are we supposed to know", don't expect me to be so understanding of the criticism. I will give as it is given to me. The unusually high estimates given by the members here on this forum show their unwillingness to help out a fellow member.

I know you need a little more detail, but I don't have it to give. The truck didn't sit in my driveway long enough for me to take pictures of the damage before I had it hauled off. So excuse me for being proactive in trying to get my truck fixed in a timely manner.

Quick Reply: suspension fix