Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

Sway Bars!

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2011, 12:18 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LOL Tom, you crack me up man
Old 09-13-2011, 11:05 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my 04 just over 40k , on it , my 08 had 55k
Old 09-14-2011, 03:13 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Originally Posted by 2004SSS
my 04 just over 40k , on it , my 08 had 55k
I envy how clean your cars stay in Cali, but don't envy your smog laws for sure

The Hotchkis sway bar kit arrived yesterday...took them out of the box and took a look. The front bar was chipped in a few spots, and they, or someone touched it up...hey, $420 shipped works for me, I'm not worried about a few chips that you can't see unless you crawl under the front of the truck

I have my daughter this week, and I have a few other things lined up, so it may take a little while for me to get around to the install, but when I do, you know I'll post up with pics
Old 09-15-2011, 11:46 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thought I had read somewhere that they basically stopped making everything for our trucks? Do they still make the drop leafs that are suppose to improve handling?
Old 09-16-2011, 07:59 AM
PT's Slowest Truck

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
Thought I had read somewhere that they basically stopped making everything for our trucks? Do they still make the drop leafs that are suppose to improve handling?
I had heard that they stopped making the TVS kit myself...not sure about the leafs...
Old 11-24-2011, 03:21 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

damn I wanna do this to my truck...i've got custom exhaust, don't know if i'll be able to fit one tho
Old 11-26-2011, 08:32 AM
PT's Slowest Truck

Originally Posted by Ws6Luvr
damn I wanna do this to my truck...i've got custom exhaust, don't know if i'll be able to fit one tho
Do you have any pics of your exhaust? My problem is with a rear-mounting sway bar and where I have my tailpipe dumped, which is why these Hotchkis bars should work out great when I get the chance to install them (been too damn busy lately)
Old 11-26-2011, 08:16 PM
Custm2500's Rude Friend

Received 786 Likes on 652 Posts

Originally Posted by budhayes3
Do you have any pics of your exhaust? My problem is with a rear-mounting sway bar and where I have my tailpipe dumped, which is why these Hotchkis bars should work out great when I get the chance to install them (been too damn busy lately)
Gees, its been almost 3 months since you got them. Hurry up already...
Old 11-28-2011, 03:19 AM
TECH Regular

dang, i'll need to add this to the list of to do's
Old 11-28-2011, 02:43 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 2004SSS
another fan of hotckis here too

i like how they mount to the frame rather than a crossmember i plan to move for a cell anyway.
I love that set-up, looks great!
Very similar to mine with Hotchkis bar and girdle cover.
I did rear mount shocks on my lifted Sierra, and now really wanting to do that on my Silverado too. Which axle shock mount kit is that, is that the QA1 pieces?
And how are those double adjustables? Worth the extra coin over the singles? I have singles now, and often wonder how much more I could play and dial it in with separate rebound and compression damping...

And another thing, I've heard that combined with the Cal-tracs, a rear sway bar isn't the best thing... I ended up selling my cal-tracs before I even mounted them so I never found out first hand.

Originally Posted by budhayes3
Damn man, just found this thread and read through it! Get on the ball and mount those!
Hardest part for me (besides drilling frame, which some could argue makes other kits easier to install, but no biggie to me personally) was getting the front sway bar in there without disassbembling all kinds of nonsense, but I actually got it around the front diff, etc. Was a big puzzle mind twister. But I finally got it, and now my bar probably looks more like your "scratch and dent" sale kit, haha, already have some chips in mine I need to touch up again.

Had a problem with my front bar hitting the outer tie rods when turning after I installed the Cognito pitman & idler arm support brackets, which needed sway bar mount lowering spacers... and I had to add spacers to the end-link tubes... and probably could add even a few more just for safe measure and clearance...

Quick Reply: Sway Bars!