Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

Synthetic or nonsysthetic for Eaton Posi

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2005, 01:51 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks to me i wasnt entirely wrong now was i? seems to me ranwalk uses the combo i said so we will just leave it at that. have a good day like i said. sorry for the hijack tiburon
Old 12-19-2005, 01:54 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by FogleMotorsports
looks to me i wasnt entirely wrong now was i? seems to me ranwalk uses the combo i said so we will just leave it at that. have a good day like i said. sorry for the hijack tiburon
Just because he uses it doesnt make it right ok.
Old 12-19-2005, 02:02 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by ranwalk
I changed mine last week and went to synthetic. Eaton does say NOT to run synthetic, but I went to synthetic anyway with the gm differential additive. I have seen no problems since doing this. I researched over at tech and it seems the only side affect would be some eccessive chattering when going around corners which I have not experienced. I personally feel it will not hurt the Eaton unit in anyway.
I will post if any problems show up from running synthetic. But, per Eatons website
------------What type of lubricant and limited slip additive should I use with my newly purchased Eaton Limited Slip Differential?

Eaton strongly recommends utilizing an API-GL5 approved Mineral-Based 80W-90 Axle Lubricant and one 4-oz bottle of Limited Slip Additive (GM or Ford).------------
Says STRONGLY reccomends, but does not say that you have to. I may shoot them an e-mail to see what they say.

It has been used by someone here in the past and reported on.It will not hurt your unit except may glaze you friction discs so it will chatter even when you go back to non synthetic as Eaton recommends
Old 12-19-2005, 02:04 PM
TECH Veteran

Tiburon
Do you feel you need an appology for the hijack?
Old 12-19-2005, 02:19 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by gonzo 6.0
Tiburon
Do you feel you need an appology for the hijack?
do you feel you need to be such an ***?
Old 12-19-2005, 02:23 PM
TECH Veteran

do you feel you need to be such an ***?
All you had to say in the beginning was I was wrong,but
no
you want to drag this out and some how prove you werent wrong,youve been hanging around to many dodge/hemi mentallity types
Old 12-19-2005, 02:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

I like this kind of oil!

No this one works better you're stupid!

You take that back!

Make me!

/pushing, shoving and slapping
Old 12-19-2005, 02:27 PM
TECH Veteran

Who here thinks someone or anyone should be called out when they are talking about something they know nothing about?

Maybe I am wrong,no one should be called in to question.Then this forum can be like others full of useless information.
Old 12-19-2005, 02:42 PM
TECH Addict

but dude read your post. all you had to say in the beginning that i was wrong and that you actually have a eaton and this is what you use. no you couldnt do that you had to be a smart ***. i guess thats just how you are. think that you are better than everybody and if somebody makes a mistake you have to be an *** over it. i dont hang out with anybody by the way. now be a mature person and

I WAS WRONG. big ******* deal.
Old 12-19-2005, 02:45 PM
TECH Veteran

I wanted for this to be a civil discussion,look how long it took for you to say you didnt have a clue and you were just rambling.No need to be pissy

Quick Reply: Synthetic or nonsysthetic for Eaton Posi