Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

TCS torque converters

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 10:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by built408
not saying the converter won't work or won't help your performance, just saying that its not going to be the most effiecent converter and will not maximize your setup as a circle d or pi.
TCS is by far a better converter than PI I know only been through 3 pi's myself not to mention many many others that I have seen first hand. Dont get me started on yank converters.....POS rebuilt stock core they charge way too much money for.

Last edited by sprayed99; 02-11-2009 at 11:19 PM.
Old 02-11-2009, 10:10 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GMCtrk
Trying to decide on this crap will easily make all my hair fall out. There's really no way for me to know whether or not the PI or the TCS will give me better performance and street manners other than to blindly try one and see how I like it..
all you have to do is a little research.. . .. just see that most of the fastest autos rock the PI converters
Old 02-11-2009, 10:12 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by sprayed99
you are also the guy that tried to say you make little money on a 1900 4l60e build LMAO....go tell someone else that ****...I know what they cost and you make money! TCS is by far a better converter than PI I know only been through 3 pi's myself not to mention many many others that I have seen first hand. Dont get me started on yank converters.....POS rebuilt stock core they charge way too much money for.
your being bias danny just because your a TCS dealer
Old 02-11-2009, 10:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Trust me, I've spent countless hours reading and messaging people. And the bottom line is that I've heard Yank is the best, PI is the best, TCS is the best, CircleD is the best....all from "experience". So like I said, it seems to me that it really comes down to personal preference.
Old 02-11-2009, 10:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by blackbeast ss
your being bias danny just because your a TCS dealer
im not a TCS dealer...in fact not a dealer for any converter!... a little elaboration..

I have had 3 transmissions fail due to bad yank converters.within 3 months apart from one another and have heard of countless others, Also within very short run time....lock up clutch roasted and toasted everything else with it. Now on PI I haven't ran one in a long time...I had 3 in my first 4th gen camaro...will never own another one. I know that the people that treat me like a good customer and talk to me like a human being and not a walking wallet get my business...that would be rusty at TCS. I have a few of his TCs running around and have never ever had a complaint about them in fact everyone loves them....Circle D I have heard things not experienced it first hand so that could be hear-say.

Yes PI has a huge customer database, I prefer to deal with smaller shops that can spend 30 minutes with me on the phone. TCS has also done other things for us also..like parts for our 4l80e going in a 1200rwhp 67 Twinturbo mustang.

Last edited by sprayed99; 02-11-2009 at 10:22 PM.
Old 02-11-2009, 10:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by brobradh77
I call BS....I personally run one of these and have seen others with these verters cut 1.6 60 ft. times...how is that slow? let me guess you must be a Circle d or PI dealer? I have never heard of circle d until recently so I guess that makes them inferior?

I respectypour kknowledge but I call complete bullshit on ******* TCS..Like i said I run one of these personally and have ran a YANK and my truck is a totally diferent beast with this converter...when it flashes my truck kicks down just as hard at 60 mph as i did at 30 with the Yank, hell i can barely keep it on the road at WOT so yeah I guess my acceleration must suck.. IMO say this one is inferior is just wrong.
I never said he would be slow with this converter and I wasn't really ******* them. I was just STATING THE FACTS. This converter will NEVER be as effiecent as a PI, YANK, or CIRCLE D. So call BS on whatever you want.
Old 02-11-2009, 10:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by built408
You obviously have no idea about transmissions and you really need to keep your mouth shut. I guess your talking about somebody elses build for $1900. Did they tell you what all that involved? Well since you are ignorant I will give you a recap. Go ahead and add up all the parts and tell me what it totals-

Full overhaul with all new gaskets seals, clutches etc
New GM reverse input housing
New GM 5 pinion planets
BW sprag
Beast Sunshell
Alto wide band
Wide sun gear bushing
Vacuum modulator
8 blue plate 3-4's
kollene steels for 3-4's
All others alto reds
Sleeved input drum
Billet 2nd gear servo
Billet 4th gear servo
Transgo seperator plate
Transgo HD2 kit
Hardened hi rev pump rings
New GM slide, rotor, and vanes
New Low/roller insert
New bushings throughout
New Bearings throughout
Deep pan if it doesn't have it already
And all my trans come with synthetic dexron 6 fluid

Please add all that up and plus the 10 hours of labor it takes to build one right and get back to me. And I usually install my transmissions for free if I build them.
Dont use the HD-2 kit we use the superior kit

Last edited by sprayed99; 02-11-2009 at 11:20 PM.
Old 02-11-2009, 10:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Last edited by sprayed99; 02-11-2009 at 11:20 PM.
Old 02-11-2009, 10:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Dont use the HD-2 kit we use the superior kit...the 2nd/4th billet servo suck...major wear on the case and can cause the lugs on the 3/4 drum to blow out...dude 37 years of building race units...go back to your dealership job!

Also last parts bill was 878.00 same or equal parts and I will FAX YOU THE INVOICE!
superior kit does not come with .500 boost valve and alot of other things.

Last edited by built408; 02-11-2009 at 11:27 PM.
Old 02-11-2009, 10:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Dont use the HD-2 kit we use the superior kit...the 2nd/4th billet servo suck...major wear on the case and can cause the lugs on the 3/4 drum to blow out...dude 37 years of building race units...go back to your dealership job!

Also last parts bill was 878.00 same or equal parts and I will FAX YOU THE INVOICE!
5 pinion planets from GM are 498 bucks.

Last edited by built408; 02-11-2009 at 11:28 PM.

Quick Reply: TCS torque converters