Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

TCS torque converters

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2009, 07:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Look, I'm not trying to sell anybody anything. I just simply stated the facts. The truth is, that converter will never be as effiecent as others due to its design. I'm not saying that it will not help out in his performance, because it will. Just stating he would gain more from a circled, yank, or pi. Thats it, case closed. I'm am tired of going back and forth with you. I just stated the facts and you jump all over me. I am not trying to sell him any converter, just helping him choose one. That is the reason this thread started in the first place, not to jump all over me for stating the facts. And like I said, I DID NOT say any of that, it was copy and pasted straight from their website, so believe what you want. But P.I. has proven their converters and if I am not mistaken, Parish and Flaco run their converters and are some of the fastest trucks around.

Last edited by built408; 02-12-2009 at 07:45 AM.
Old 02-12-2009, 11:23 AM
Wearin' da big hat

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

I'll settle this one.

Buy a ******* converter and stop making a big deal about it. Unless you're running 600rwhp+, as long as you get a good billet converter from ANY of the good reputable companies as listed in this thread, you will be fine.

You guys need to stop arguing like little whiney girls. All Chase (built408) did was post information he had found to add to the thread. He doesn't work for any converter companies and isn't making any money off of this thread, so IDK why that was brought up.

So, to sum it all up

Just pick one

and as far as chase's prices on building transmissions, I would've paid the price I paid even if he got the parts for free. I put that thing through hell every day. It hasn't given me any problems, and he did a great job on it.
Old 02-12-2009, 11:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

well put
Old 02-12-2009, 12:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

My only issue is you stating that those are facts and I do not believe that...We can agree to disagree and move on...I do not care what parish and flaco run in their trucks for i do not or will not ever have a 9 sec. truck..There are good and bad converters with all brands..I have seen PI's(for example) break on a stock truck with a few bolt ons...thats just part of it..it happens to all brands..

I just feel people should speak from personal experience thats all...I fou like PI great.say hey I recommend PI..great converter and elaborate and not go digging for paragraphs telling someone why they should run away from another brand..If you have personally had a problem with a TCS converter thats one thing..tell us about it and if not leave it alone.

Just my .02....I could care less what you charge for a tranny...You charge what yu want to and if they dont want to pay they go else where but I have seen good reviews on your trannies so compared to other major brands people buy 1900 is a great price...Danny's only arguement was you stating some where that you dont make any money selling one for 1900 and he is just saying that that was wrong by his opinion. why would you build a tranny for exact cost and install it for free and not make any money at it? If your good at something get paid for it.
Old 02-12-2009, 12:57 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by built408
Look, I'm not trying to sell anybody anything. I just simply stated the facts. The truth is, that converter will never be as effiecent as others due to its design. I'm not saying that it will not help out in his performance, because it will. Just stating he would gain more from a circled, yank, or pi. Thats it, case closed. I'm am tired of going back and forth with you. I just stated the facts and you jump all over me. I am not trying to sell him any converter, just helping him choose one. That is the reason this thread started in the first place, not to jump all over me for stating the facts. And like I said, I DID NOT say any of that, it was copy and pasted straight from their website, so believe what you want. But P.I. has proven their converters and if I am not mistaken, Parish and Flaco run their converters and are some of the fastest trucks around.
like i said before as well, mostly all of the fastest autos run PI. . . . .why? you be the judge. . . .second to none!
Old 02-12-2009, 01:04 PM
Wearin' da big hat

Originally Posted by brobradh77
Just my .02....I could care less what you charge for a tranny...You charge what yu want to and if they dont want to pay they go else where but I have seen good reviews on your trannies so compared to other major brands people buy 1900 is a great price...Danny's only arguement was you stating some where that you dont make any money selling one for 1900 and he is just saying that that was wrong by his opinion. why would you build a tranny for exact cost and install it for free and not make any money at it? If your good at something get paid for it.
He built my tranny for a considerable amount less than 1900, while only missing a few things off of that list of mods (mainly the 5 planetary gears), and he installed it along with the new converter, and even installed my tranny cooler, and provided fluid at no cost. I'm sure he made money off of my tranny build/install, but that is to be expected. I work in the parts industry, and the mark up on stuff is rediculous sometimes But anyways, it kept me from having to get my *** under the truck and put myself in a dangerous position and doing alot of hard work, and I deffinately appreciated it and the product he built.

But back to the converter subject. What is the point of running TCS converter, when its only real purpose IMO is provide more of a lockup clutch? My little 9.5" circle D has enough clutch material to lock up firm and solid every time, and it is only a single disk! It also comes with a 2 year warranty I believe.

This is how mine showed up on my front door step, fresh out of the box.

Old 02-12-2009, 01:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Scott, I don't believe your converter can lock at WOT whereas the TCS can. Also, the price on the TCS is very good. TCS also makes parts for Circle D. I have read nothing but good things about both sprayed99 and built408's transmissions, which is why I contacted them in the first place.
Old 02-12-2009, 01:22 PM
Wearin' da big hat

Originally Posted by GMCtrk
Scott, I don't believe your converter can lock at WOT whereas the TCS can. Also, the price on the TCS is very good. TCS also makes parts for Circle D. I have read nothing but good things about both sprayed99 and built408's transmissions, which is why I contacted them in the first place.
Mine has locked in 3rd gear WOT in the 1/8th multiple times...

I've had a few retunes since then, and I'm not sure if it is still set up to run that way, but just saying that I have done it, and more than one time.
Old 02-12-2009, 01:37 PM
Resident Retard

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by GMCtrk
Scott, I don't believe your converter can lock at WOT whereas the TCS can.
If you don't believe him I have the logs to prove it... I loaded his tune where it was locking at WOT, we have since adjusted it to not do that...

Originally Posted by 00ChevyScott
Mine has locked in 3rd gear WOT in the 1/8th multiple times...

I've had a few retunes since then, and I'm not sure if it is still set up to run that way, but just saying that I have done it, and more than one time.
yep the first time out at the track with the new verter and built tranny he was locking it up... It was actually my fault, but it has been corrected since then...
Old 02-12-2009, 01:38 PM
Resident Retard

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Also another friend of mine is locking his up in 3rd at around 5kish and his is a Yank3600...

Quick Reply: TCS torque converters