Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

Thinking about getting an RCD lift...

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2005, 10:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking about getting an RCD lift...

I was originally thinking about a Rancho or Procomp lift but was recommended an RCD by a local vendor for it's fit, finish (stainless), bilstein shocks & overall quality. I am considering this with 17x9 Classic II and BFG 35"s. Just wondering what you guys think before I order all this. Is the RCD a quality lift? Are teh wheels/tires a good combo? I will be doing the install myself. Is there an ything I should know?

Regards,
Kevin
Old 07-04-2005, 03:25 PM
On The Tree

The RCD is considered class of the field for knuckle lift's. It is very similar to all other knuckle lifts. Only so many ways to make a knuckle lift. Of course you can get bilstiens with the other lifts also. As far as install a cut of the lower diff mount a little welding, and cutting of the upper diff mount off the diff. On the tire's I found a better selection of tires in 16's or 18's. A couple of other sites to search for opinions are fullsizechevy and gmfullsize. Checkout thier offroad sections one has a post your setup pics stickey.
Old 07-09-2005, 03:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thank man. I really wanted a bolt in kind of lift. Did not want to do any welding myself. Vendor never told me that part of it.
Old 07-09-2005, 04:06 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Go 18s you will like th elook better I promise. If it was me I would go with some nitto mudgrapplers. Dont know what to tell you on the lift. Im trying to get an offroad section going but havent had any luck yet.
Old 07-09-2005, 05:47 PM
14 Second Truck Club

http://www.rockkrawler.com/pages/cat...x.php?r_cat=69
Old 07-09-2005, 06:12 PM
TECH Regular

RCD is actually a 4" lift. The differential only drops 4", then they get an extra 2" by bumping up the torsion bars! YOu have to grind off your differential mount. WARNING! You CANNOT go back to stock. I do not want this kit for that reason!!!!
Cognito make a great 6" kit. THe Pro Comp looks decent. Also, CST is another good kit to look at. Yeah, the 17" rims limit your tire selection. I like the Toyo MT for tires!
Old 07-09-2005, 07:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

I really only want a lift for the appeareance and to run bigger tires. Not really going to do any off roading with it although I wouldn't mind. That being said, I wanted to go with some All terrains since I will be 99% on the street, like the BFGs. My main concern is the lift. I was originally looking at the Rancho or ProComp. I want something that is high quality, not ridiculously difficult to install, comes with good shocks, etc.
Old 07-09-2005, 08:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think Super Lift's new F.I.T. Lift Kits are the cream of the crop, as far as install and design go... Watch the video and look at the front skid plate how they even made that better then all the others...
http://www.superlift.com/video/FIT-GM.wmv

DOn't get me wrong, coilovers are badass but, this the Superlift is half the price...
Old 07-09-2005, 09:01 PM
14 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by BLASTER
I really only want a lift for the appeareance and to run bigger tires. Not really going to do any off roading with it although I wouldn't mind. That being said, I wanted to go with some All terrains since I will be 99% on the street, like the BFGs. My main concern is the lift. I was originally looking at the Rancho or ProComp. I want something that is high quality, not ridiculously difficult to install, comes with good shocks, etc.

If you want a good on road tire with really good manors go with the toyo open country AT's. They are really good off road as well. I like BFG's but these toyo's blow them away. If you want 4in's I would just get the Rough Country keys (ford keys) and 3 in blocks in the rear. JMO.
Old 07-09-2005, 09:11 PM
14 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by Lord Aries
I think Super Lift's new F.I.T. Lift Kits are the cream of the crop, as far as install and design go... Watch the video and look at the front skid plate how they even made that better then all the others...
http://www.superlift.com/video/FIT-GM.wmv

DOn't get me wrong, coilovers are badass but, this the Superlift is half the price...

Thats a sweet setup.

Quick Reply: Thinking about getting an RCD lift...