Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

Thinking of lowering my Tahoe, need advice.

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 07:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking of lowering my Tahoe, need advice.

Hey guys, i've been away for a while since it was snowmobile season but i'm back now and the mod bug is biting. After towing all winter over the crappy NH roads my shocks are finally toast all the way around. I have been thinking about lowering my truck for a while so it seems like this would be the time to do it. I have searched but i'm not finding what i am looking for. I was just looking for advice on what type of equipment i should get. Like i mentioned before the roads are not the best where i live and i will be towing a small snowmobile trailer regularly (very lightweight though). My plan so far is drop spindles, rear springs and lowering shocks in the rear, and maybe de-crank the torsion springs in the front if i need more drop in the summer but not sure yet. I would also like advice as to how well my truck will tow with these mods. i dont have money for rear helper bags yet so thats out for now.

Let me know what you guys recommend.

BTW the truck is a non autoride 4WD with torsion springs in the front.
Old 04-28-2010, 10:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

check out another site dedicated to Tahoes and Yukons.

www.tahoeyukonforum.com

but I put the Eibach 2/3 kit on mine. it comes with front keys, and rear springs. No need for spindles unless you plan to drop more than 3" up front.
Now for the rear, you will need shock relocators, which relocates them further down.Then,on the rear the big thick factory black shocks need to come off, to achieve full 3" drop in rear. I used Bilstein in rear and retained fronts as mine only has 80K on them. And it rides perfect!