Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

time for brakes

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 04:01 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default time for brakes

my rear brakes are squeeking. so i guess its bout time for new ones. where is a good place to get them? i like the stock ones because they have no brake dust. where as my car i have napa brakes on there and my wheels turn black.

i'm pretty sure its not the ebrake. when i went on my long trip earlier this year i took of the rotor/drum and inspected the clips for the shoes. i just so happen to also be working on brakes for a silverado. the brakes that we put on the silverado came with two types of retainers for the shoes. so i put the normal ones on the silverado and put the weird looking ones on mine along with the ones that were on there already. so i have two clips per shoe holding the shoes on. i did this because of the problem people have had with the shoe coming loose and binding. so hopefully its just pads i need.
Old 11-28-2007, 04:19 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

I've had Praise Dyno cryogenically treated pads and slotted rotors on my truck for a couple of years now, and I'm very happy with them. Noticable improvement in braking force over stock, with no noise and very little dust. Try google and you should find them. When I bought my brakes I had to call and place the order, not sure if that's still how they operate though.
Old 11-28-2007, 04:32 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I found that ceramic pads make much less dust.
Old 11-28-2007, 04:38 PM
TECH Junkie

I like the Wagner premium ThermoQuiet brake pads. O'reilly's sells them.
Old 11-28-2007, 09:44 PM
12 Second Truck Club

i see people getting those green pads or what ever are they any good? are the gm ones good or are they over priced?
Old 11-28-2007, 11:54 PM
On The Tree

Powerslot rotors and napa ceramix pads, I'm buying the powerslot plus kit for my denali up front and their standard slotted and cryo'd rotors for the rear.
Old 11-29-2007, 08:57 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 4.8T
i see people getting those green pads or what ever are they any good? are the gm ones good or are they over priced?
GM pads are good. The ones that I got were ceramic. I don't know if all GM pads are ceramic, but the ones that I got were. No squeal, no excessive dust.
Old 11-29-2007, 02:29 PM
12 Second Truck Club

what was the cost on them? i'm guessing acdelco right? i found them for like $53. i'm thinking stock pads and turn the rotors and ss braided lines. that should be good. i don't have 18" rims or might think about bigger rotors but they won't fit.
Old 11-30-2007, 09:00 AM
TECH Regular

That was about 1 year or so ago, so I don't remember the price, but $53 sounds about right. I also remember that they were more than the price of O'reilly's and Autozone. Yes, they were AC Delco.

I haven't tried the SS braided lines but the claims that they make sound good. Let us know how they work out.
Old 11-30-2007, 09:47 AM
12 Second Truck Club

will do i just need to find a good place to buy them from. may try ebay.

Quick Reply: time for brakes