Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

Torque converter.......

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2016, 09:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts

Its all good.... Hoping the converter trans swap will fix the fact that my truck right now is shifting into second at 3500rpm, shifts feel alot better with the tb converter i currently have than the piece of junk that was in there, just way too early... Although i did get it to hold 1st until 6000 tonight and holy crap what a difference....cant wait to get the new converter and trans in and headers on...
Old 03-06-2016, 09:36 PM
Restricted

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad to see you've got a converter on the way!!! I've got a top secret Freakshow converter on the way as well!!!
Old 03-06-2016, 10:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Freakshow converter??? Top secret??? Sounds interesting
Old 03-06-2016, 11:29 PM
Restricted

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Wolftrk99
Freakshow converter??? Top secret??? Sounds interesting
Lol... Not really top secret, but he is building me a badass converter, by which he dares me to break! really good guy (Michael/Freakshow) from Abilene Texas! He's been in the trans/convert business for many if moon now! I like supporting the smaller business guys, plus he's from Texas, so I know he builds a tough product! Michael flat out told me he would build me a single disc that would out perform/last any other companies triple disc... So we shall see! 5700lb/1000+hp daily driver.... He's a good dude and I feel like he really stands behind his product! With all that said, I've got so much damn work ahead of me on my truck it ain't even funny! I don't know when I'm gonna find the extra time to do all this work to it!
Old 03-07-2016, 06:20 AM
Launching!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JordanH
Lol... Not really top secret, but he is building me a badass converter, by which he dares me to break! really good guy (Michael/Freakshow) from Abilene Texas! He's been in the trans/convert business for many if moon now! I like supporting the smaller business guys, plus he's from Texas, so I know he builds a tough product! Michael flat out told me he would build me a single disc that would out perform/last any other companies triple disc... So we shall see! 5700lb/1000+hp daily driver.... He's a good dude and I feel like he really stands behind his product! With all that said, I've got so much damn work ahead of me on my truck it ain't even funny! I don't know when I'm gonna find the extra time to do all this work to it!
I am looking to get a new converter myself. Asap! Abilene is a few hours away from me. Maybe you'd like to share his contact info JordanH ?
Old 03-07-2016, 12:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by JordanH
Time is at a premium..... Apparently my cam and spring swapped completely irritated my girl
Old 03-07-2016, 12:11 PM
TECH Addict

Received 371 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by Wolftrk99
Time is at a premium..... Apparently my cam and spring swapped completely irritated my girl
I feel ya. I've been having to pay people to do the work I know I could do just because it interfere's with family time. I don't like doing that but it is what it is.
Old 03-07-2016, 12:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by madmann26
I feel ya. I've been having to pay people to do the work I know I could do just because it interfere's with family time. I don't like doing that but it is what it is.
Working in the field, i would be hard pressed to have someone else work on mine... I know too many halfass shadetrees that i couldnt bring myself to do it.... Not to mention what labor rates are.... I had my cam swapped(save the time i spent making the dowels to hold the lifters up) in a little over an hour... Springs were a different story....
Old 03-08-2016, 12:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Just got emails for invoice and tracking
Old 03-11-2016, 10:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Now to find some time to get it in along with the trans and my headers and cats.... Kinda tired of pulling the strut mounts for my lift kit off of this truck.... Only done it about 6-8 times in past year!!

Last edited by Wolftrk99; 03-11-2016 at 11:29 PM.

Quick Reply: Torque converter.......