Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

Torque converter Poll:

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2005, 08:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love my TCI Streetfighter 3000!!!!! I don't tow anything, and price was defintately a plus. I got my TCI 3000 from Texas Speed for $419.99 plus shipping. Also, TCI is in my state, so I had to represent! I haven't heard of anybody having a bad experience with them. If I would have had mad loot, I would have probably gone with the Yank, but now I know I made the best decision for me.
Old 01-05-2005, 08:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

See my post just above yours about bigguy's converter he's selling.

I wouldn't buy a new one, becuase I wouldn't give Mike at Yank the business of buying a new one. If I were buying a new one, I would call someone up and get them to custom make it for me.
Old 01-06-2005, 02:50 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 02denali
precision industries gets my vote. and there customer service is bad ***.
Old 01-06-2005, 05:10 AM
sfj
TECH Enthusiast

cant beat the price on a TCI and they work great but i did wish i would have kept a little of my towing ability and such
Old 01-06-2005, 06:04 AM
Formerly one92rs

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

just remember this is what is going to propell your truck. always going for the best price isnt always a good idea. it also depends on what your plans are also. full race -some towing. whichever it may be i would read up on each converter.
Old 01-06-2005, 12:03 PM
TECH Addict

I will never buy anything but a PI. I absolutely love mine.
Old 01-06-2005, 02:45 PM
Cuz I AM a BADMOFO

I like my Yank, but also wouldn't feel bad about either of the others.
Old 01-06-2005, 05:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

I am definitetly going to read one each verter. Right now I am leaning on the TCI since I have heard no wrong from them. I figure with the rest of the money i could put in a shift kit and servo and also a tranny cooler and take the g/f to dinner since she might be mad becuase I spent some money on the truck.

Now on the towing, I know that TCI does not recommend towing for the 3000. I never tow anything. Occasionaly I might throw a couple of couches in the back and stuff, but nothing that heavy. But I did read Flyer was saying that the YANK 3000 will not effect the tow rating. Is this one reason why they are so expensive, becuase they are able to give you that stall and still allow you to tow.

I just thought that no matter what size stall you put in, the greater you go up the less you are able to tow and that goes for all verters.
Old 01-06-2005, 06:38 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lots of good things on the Yanks. But hear that thier customer service sucks rectum. Im gonna try a TCI solely because I can get it at wholesale. I dont wanna pay 900 dollars for a converter. Im not spraying. Plus the few guys on this site seem to love the verter. Deckhand and a Vanillagorilla are running them. No problems from what they tell me. Plus an old thread that The Colonel (Im sure you guys know who he is)l wrote about a TCI verter. Dropped his E/T's by .8.
Old 01-06-2005, 08:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 99Silver5.3
Lots of good things on the Yanks. But hear that thier customer service sucks rectum. Im gonna try a TCI solely because I can get it at wholesale. I dont wanna pay 900 dollars for a converter. Im not spraying. Plus the few guys on this site seem to love the verter. Deckhand and a Vanillagorilla are running them. No problems from what they tell me. Plus an old thread that The Colonel (Im sure you guys know who he is)l wrote about a TCI verter. Dropped his E/T's by .8.
You forgot somebody.

Quick Reply: Torque converter Poll: