Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

tranny cooler

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2005, 06:01 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tranny cooler

So when I install my B&M cooler do I use the black zippy tie like things to mount the cooler right onto the Radiator? I was not real sure about that because it came with little mounting plates also. The thing about this is that it didnt come with any instructions and I have never installed one before. Also is the 4ft hose long enough for both line if I mount it in front of the Radiator?
Old 03-07-2005, 06:43 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wannagofast
So when I install my B&M cooler do I use the black zippy tie like things to mount the cooler right onto the Radiator? I was not real sure about that because it came with little mounting plates also. The thing about this is that it didnt come with any instructions and I have never installed one before. Also is the 4ft hose long enough for both line if I mount it in front of the Radiator?
I dont personally like the ties. You can use the brackets that came with the cooler. I mounted thebottom of the cooler to a bar that was in front of the radiator. Then used the brackets for the top. I ended up just pushing the supplied rubber line onto the line I took loose from the radiator. I didnt have to go buy any more hose to install the cooler. I can take some pics if needed.
Old 03-08-2005, 02:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

I dont use the ties either
I use the brackets
Old 03-08-2005, 03:06 PM
TECH Regular

Kinda off topic, but is it really neccessary to go with an aftermarket cooler if your truck has the towing pkg.? When I swapped grills I noticed the factory one in the middle of the grill is pretty good sized. Opinions?
Old 03-08-2005, 08:44 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FryZ71
Kinda off topic, but is it really neccessary to go with an aftermarket cooler if your truck has the towing pkg.? When I swapped grills I noticed the factory one in the middle of the grill is pretty good sized. Opinions?
Well, I've never gotten a close look at the factory one, nor do I know what it's rated at. Whatever it is, I'm sure that there's room for improvement. If you wanted to swap in something bigger, the lines and hoses are already there, you just have to get the cooler and possibly some mounting hardware.
Old 03-11-2005, 02:23 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 99Silver5.3
I dont personally like the ties. You can use the brackets that came with the cooler. I mounted thebottom of the cooler to a bar that was in front of the radiator. Then used the brackets for the top. I ended up just pushing the supplied rubber line onto the line I took loose from the radiator. I didnt have to go buy any more hose to install the cooler. I can take some pics if needed.
id like to see some pics with it installed if u dont mind