Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

tranny cooler question

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2006, 07:51 PM

Received 226 Likes on 150 Posts
Default tranny cooler question

if someone says a cooler is big enough for a 28000 pound vehicle, is that the same as saying 28000 gvw? if so, does anyone know of a better price than this?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Tru-C...hippingPayment

it dosent say anything about shipping cost, but i sent a message and will post up the answer if anyone is interested.
Old 01-05-2006, 07:58 PM
Destroyer of Transmissions

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the weight given is supposed to be the GVW. Ask for the part number and check Tru Cools website. Shipping should be under $15. It only weighs a couple of pounds. I was looking at this one to mount under the truck.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/5053-...26617458QQrdZ1
Old 01-05-2006, 09:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah... GVW stands for " Gross Vehicle Weight" which is the vehicles' total weight. I need to get me one of those

Originally Posted by 1SlowHoe
I think the weight given is supposed to be the GVW. Ask for the part number and check Tru Cools website. Shipping should be under $15. It only weighs a couple of pounds. I was looking at this one to mount under the truck.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/5053-...26617458QQrdZ1
Old 01-06-2006, 04:19 AM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Get one like I have Stewart and be done with it
Old 01-06-2006, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
Get one like I have Stewart and be done with it
ive spent close to 5,000 on this pos in the last month. $50 saved is almost half tank of gas! besides, im only on a 2600 stall...this one should do the trick.

so i get a call from the shop today about my truck(woke me up). they put the new hood on for paint and figured out that my core support is pushed back about 2" and the passenger side of my frame is tweaked and that will cost me another 100 to straighten out. i aughta pawn off this truck and get me an 18 speed
Old 01-06-2006, 12:39 PM
TECH Junkie

how much is insurance going to cover getting your truck fixed txsilvy?

oh.. and i kinda like that cooler that is the straight through kind like slowhoe posted... i already have a cooler tho, lol no need to waste more money on it.. but i really like the idea of mounting it under the truck too.
Old 01-06-2006, 03:36 PM

ALL OF THIS IS COMING OUT OF MY POCKET!!!!TRANSMISSION AND WRECK!

i went to check out the truck today...BAD IDEA. the front clip is all out of whack because the core support is pushed in so the hood dosent fit at all. it looks like it is made for a totally different truck! that turned my stomache but the guy working on it says it will look right after he gets the core support out and fenders loose. the roof is painted and looks good, the windshield is in and the interrior is FILTHY!!! it looks like the windows were down while they sanded a car next to it. i was kinda pissed about that but they're doing a full detail when its done. if you ever have a car in the shop dont go visit. it almost made me sick to see my truck like that.
Old 01-06-2006, 04:23 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TXsilverado

i went to check out the truck today...BAD IDEA. the front clip is all out of whack because the core support is pushed in so the hood dosent fit at all. it looks like it is made for a totally different truck! that turned my stomache but the guy working on it says it will look right after he gets the core support out and fenders loose. the roof is painted and looks good, the windshield is in and the interrior is FILTHY!!! it looks like the windows were down while they sanded a car next to it. i was kinda pissed about that but they're doing a full detail when its done. if you ever have a car in the shop dont go visit. it almost made me sick to see my truck like that.
Did you wreck your truck again or was this from a past experience that was never fixed right in the first place?
Who did your tranny for $1200??? It couldn't have been Century compared to their price they gave me to rebuild my brothers Z71's tranny. Of course it is their HD rebuild with loads of upgrades, but still not even close.

Jim
Old 01-06-2006, 04:31 PM
TECH Junkie

wait...son of a... the wreck was your fault? i thought insurance was covering some of it?
Old 01-07-2006, 01:54 PM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TXsilverado

sorry about yor luck, ive had the same thing at the body shop before with dust inside , what a bunch of ****, are they too ******* lazy to roll up the dam windows, just goes to show no one cares about yor truck like you do!!

Quick Reply: tranny cooler question