Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

Tranny Help

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2006, 07:09 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tranny Help

I was installing my vette servo today and I put everything back in the right way but apparently I didn't put the snap ring back on the servo cover very well because when I took it around the block I didn't have 2nd gear and when I came back I was leaking quite a bit of fluid. I got under the truck and there was a little smoke and the cover was part way off. Now I can get the OD servo out but I can't get the vette servo assembly out and it isn't budging and the pin has no play in it. I was wondering if anyone has any ideas and if anyone thinks I smoked my tranny....
Old 04-28-2006, 08:37 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by thiems
I was installing my vette servo today and I put everything back in the right way but apparently I didn't put the snap ring back on the servo cover very well because when I took it around the block I didn't have 2nd gear and when I came back I was leaking quite a bit of fluid. I got under the truck and there was a little smoke and the cover was part way off. Now I can get the OD servo out but I can't get the vette servo assembly out and it isn't budging and the pin has no play in it. I was wondering if anyone has any ideas and if anyone thinks I smoked my tranny....

I would be checking to see if you broke your case. Look in the snap ring groove. There might be a piece missing. At which point your pucked!!!
Old 04-28-2006, 08:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You have to put alot of pressure on the cover to get the whole assembly back into place.
I had some trouble with mine too when I first did it. Try wedging a small piece of 2x4 in front of the cover (against the underbody) to hold it while you put the lock ring on. Are you sure you put the assembly together right??? Just make sure you have the halves put together in the right direction. Good luck.
Old 04-28-2006, 10:14 PM
TECH Addict

I looked at the servo housing around the grooves and everything is just like it was before...no cracks or apparent damage. The servo, pin, and everything else look in good condition too. On the piston (or servo housing, can't remember which is which) the fins are supposed to face the passenger side (servo cover) correct??
Old 04-29-2006, 12:54 AM
TECH Addict

Anyone know?? I really need to be able to use my truck tomorrow so any info is great...