Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

trans cooler lines

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2007, 08:18 PM
Hunt&Fisherator

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Default trans cooler lines

I have noticed I have one leaking right up near the a/c compressor.... has anyone had this happen? where can I get another one??? can I have hoses made up so I can route them where I want? I know these have been tugged on a bit doing so many tranny swaps maybe one just got pushed up against something and rubbed a hole in it. I havent seen exactly where the drip is coming from yet but I have it tracked pretty close.

The truck goes up on the lift again tomorrow I guess
Old 01-02-2007, 08:27 PM
I AM A MOTHERF*CKER

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pull 'em and make some -6 AN lines imo.
Old 01-02-2007, 08:32 PM
Hunt&Fisherator

Originally Posted by TurboBerserker
Pull 'em and make some -6 AN lines imo.
I thought about it... how would I do the ends where it clips into the trans??? have them made onto the hose somehow? there's a custom hose and fitting place here in town and they did a ton of **** for my buddy's mustang's nitrous system. they were the first place I thought of when I saw the hole. it leaks a qt or 2 a day right now depending on how much/hard I drive it.
Old 01-02-2007, 09:07 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

why not cut the two lines that goes into the radiator and tie into them there with new hoese, just use a fee hose clamps, that what i did, then i ditched the stock aftermarket cooler and the one that runs into the radiator and put a huge rv cooler in front of the ac condenser, no problems yet.
Old 01-02-2007, 09:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by silver-mod-o
I thought about it... how would I do the ends where it clips into the trans???
Call Chuck at FLT... I did... and will be pulling my entire tranny coolant line circuit out, bypassing the radiator, and going with a big cooler... using all -6AN hardware. I am not necessarily suggesting you bypass the radiator because in colder climate areas of the country the radiator actually warms the transmission to operating temps. Down here in AZ... I don't really have to worry about it.

Bill
Old 01-03-2007, 08:11 AM
Hunt&Fisherator

I have my cooler connected with hose and clamps but I didnt think it would be strong enough to run for ALL the cooler lines. I'll have to call Vince and Chuck and get their take on it.
Old 01-03-2007, 09:00 AM
Staging Lane

Silver-mod-o, get you some of the hardline to braided line adaptors from Jegs. I use them and they work great.

Old 01-03-2007, 10:11 AM
TECH Veteran

Be careful bypassing the radiator all together if you live somewhere that gets cold. It actually helps your trans get up to temp when its really cold out.
You probably already knew this but just wanted to bring it to light.
Old 01-03-2007, 11:42 AM
Hunt&Fisherator

Originally Posted by TG02Z71
Be careful bypassing the radiator all together if you live somewhere that gets cold. It actually helps your trans get up to temp when its really cold out.
You probably already knew this but just wanted to bring it to light.
yeah, I dont plan on bypassing it. I'm just going to replace the existing hard lines with some hi-pressure hose with good fittings... it should work out great and I can get them long enough to re-route them away from the starter and everything else hot in there... I am thinking about running them over the frame to the outside of the frame rail and up to the front of the truck that way.
Old 01-03-2007, 12:35 PM
formerly 1BADC10 (12/14/2011)

Originally Posted by ScojoDak
Silver-mod-o, get you some of the hardline to braided line adaptors from Jegs. I use them and they work great.

Russell-brand hose ends... they work wonders!

Quick Reply: trans cooler lines