Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

trans mount issue

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 11:06 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Isn't it recommended that the engine and trans mounts be made of the same material, or is that just some internet misinformation that I read?
Old 02-10-2011, 07:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

from what ive been told never use all of one thing for example all solid mounts, bout mismatching im pretty sure its alright, either way i wanted poly motor mounts too eventully lol
Old 02-10-2011, 12:13 PM
Where's the Beef?

as what everyone else said. I'd be more worried about fixing what is breaking the mounts rather than upgrading mounts. Pinion angle is prob the most common cause of wheel hop. Get it fixed and then work on traction. Perhaps decrease your trans pressure so it doesn't shift so hard. It's only a matter of time before you break hard parts in your transmission with it shifting that hard.
Old 02-10-2011, 05:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i have no line pressure added...just straight shift kit, as for wheel hop yeah i def do need to fix that...those ladder bars one of the members suggested are looking pretty good to me right now, is there any way yall can hook me up with a PN on the mount by any chance? n im not askin for the PN to be disrespectful or look like im ignoring yall, trust me i appreciate the help/words of wisdom, ill definitley do what i can to elimanate these probs and all...as for pinion angle idk whats wrong? i mean the truck has no lift whatsoever idk what can be causing that? trans mounts motor mounts (which seem to be alright)
Old 02-10-2011, 06:08 PM
Where's the Beef?

I had to drop the line pressure a little below stock on mine with a shift kit. It would shift really hard when it was at stock pressure.

Don't know what would cause it to be off if you haven't done anything but I'd check it just to make sure it is correct rather than assuming. Don't know the PN myself on the bars.
Old 02-10-2011, 06:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i was talking about the PN for the energy susp trans mount, bars theres alink that i saved lol. and really? how firm is yours at WOT?
Old 02-14-2011, 06:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

oh yeah almost forgot talked to the rep of energy susp the other day, our motor mounts are finally in the process of being produced and will NOT be released for a while, as for the 4wd guys ill be the test dummy on this one...the rep said PN 3-1129R will work for our transfercases, if it works i will post back and let yall know if it worked or not
Old 02-14-2011, 06:40 PM
Where's the Beef?

At part throttle on stock 17"s with M/T tires I can break lose on 1/2 at part throttle but they don't get traction worth a damn really. I have it set to not break lose on my 20's and they have tons of grip but at WOT they'll spin a little depending on the pavement.
Old 02-14-2011, 09:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

damn dude i see, now that we had a 50+degree day its a little better traction wise lol, now at 1/2throttle itll bark instead of like 1/4ish lol, yesterday i nailed it since my cousin wanted to see what my truck could do after the tune, spun first at 30 caught hooked and slammed 2nd and squealed on my grippy 33s, its nice not spinning half way thru 2nd now, and same thing here bout diff pavements, some make me hook n chirp while others are just spin spin spin, sorry for threadjacking but was ur wideband hard to hook up?? i just ordered my trans temp and aem uego n some other parts today...im not a fan of electrical so im a little nervous lo, not to mention my exhaust has 6 o2 bungs lol
Old 02-20-2011, 12:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

alright so the trans mount worked out perfectly! old trans mount...i couldnt believe my damn eyes with how bad it was, if any of yall are interested for the NBS 4wd trucks the partnumber is 3-1129R on summitracing.com

Quick Reply: trans mount issue