Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

Trans Removal ( !!TC Blots!! ) help needed

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 04:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by shupe
Got one loose with a allen head socket. Tried everything recommended above. Ended up using an air hammer/ chisel broke them free with thatone. New torque convert installed. Thanks guys for all the advise.

I did manage to break one of the coolant lines running into the firewall. I assuming its for the heater core. There are two line going into the firewall. I broke the one on the right. The large white fitting is still there but the piece thats recessed into the hose snapped off. Don't know how but I did it gettting to the top transmission bolt.

Hope you didnt mess your Heater core up... its goin to take all day to replace that ****.
Old 02-27-2007, 04:11 PM

Received 226 Likes on 150 Posts

an air ratchet in the starter hole does good for me...i used a regular socket too...that allen head looked weak.
Old 02-27-2007, 07:02 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nonnieselman
Hope you didnt mess your Heater core up... its goin to take all day to replace that ****.
Heater core is all good. Luckly. Used a fuel line disconnect tool I had bought to work on an old Bronco I once had to remove the factory white fitting. I Just attached the factory hose to the metal end off the heater core with a hose clamp for now. Will probably pick up a factory fitting next time I'm at the parts store unless I have problems with the current fix.