Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

Transgo 4l60E/4L65E-HD2 shift kit install?

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 12:35 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a tt3000 and superior shift kit w/vette servo. I started with transgo + servo. Then stall + full build+ superior. If you leave the shift pressures and shift speeds in the tune alone then the 1 washer is fine. Make sure you drill the holes as described in the shift kit directions. Use all the valves and the servo makes little difference on the actual shift firmness alone, just how hard it holds. All I did not use was the spring set that went inside the drum. You have to have the tranny out for this.
Old 08-21-2007, 12:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i used pretty muc heverything in the kit except a few seals cause those came with my rebuild kit!

also am i the only person that had to think harder then normal when installing the HD2 kit? i mean it wasnt hard work. it just made me think! maybe i was thinking way to hard when doing it!
Old 08-21-2007, 03:50 PM
On The Tree

I think I am going to order a Corvette 2nd servo and a Superior Billet 4th servo.
Old 08-21-2007, 04:04 PM
Resident Retard

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

I would make sure the Superior 4th servo is compatible with the corvette servo. I know the sonnax is but I think I remember reading the the superior is not compatible with the corvette servo.
Old 08-21-2007, 04:31 PM
On The Tree

Well, I went ahead and ordered the Transgo Seperator plate, Transgo accumulator plate, Sonnax Billet 4th servo, and a Corvette 2nd servo. This should help my trans quite a bit.

Question: What will I need to do to the Transgo Seperator plate? Do I need to drill it and modify it like the instructions in the HD2 kit tell me to with my stock seperator plate?
Old 08-21-2007, 04:38 PM
On The Tree

You should not have to touch the transgo sep plate as long as it is not just a stock replacement.
Old 08-21-2007, 04:40 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 02Denali6L
You should not have to touch the transgo sep plate as long as it is not just a stock replacement. You can really get alot out of a tune and K&N in the denali... If you can commit to running 93 octane.
I have HPTuners that I have been using to tune it. I also have a Magnacharger sitting in my garage with the Outlaw intake. I am trying to get everything together for a weekend install. I can't wait.
Old 08-21-2007, 05:13 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I"m pretty much in the same boat as you buddy. I too have a radix sitting in my garage and I just installed a shift kit, 2nd and 4th servos, etc. On the stock tune it didn't really shift too hard, it just kinda fell on its face after the 1-2 shift. I just got a retune from Nelson and now it's way too hard! It feels like a might break something if I go WOT.

All the other shifts are great and driving normally it's fine. It's just the 1-2 shift with anything over 50% throttle will break your neck. I'll be getting a retune for the radix soon and I'm going to ask Allen if we can somehow soften it up a bit. I'll let you know what happens.
Old 08-21-2007, 10:09 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by blue_04
I"m pretty much in the same boat as you buddy. I too have a radix sitting in my garage and I just installed a shift kit, 2nd and 4th servos, etc. On the stock tune it didn't really shift too hard, it just kinda fell on its face after the 1-2 shift. I just got a retune from Nelson and now it's way too hard! It feels like a might break something if I go WOT.

All the other shifts are great and driving normally it's fine. It's just the 1-2 shift with anything over 50% throttle will break your neck. I'll be getting a retune for the radix soon and I'm going to ask Allen if we can somehow soften it up a bit. I'll let you know what happens.
I broke the bands and then the input shell before I softened it. AWD and 5400lbs is hard on a tranny.
You should not increase the pressures over staock just the shift speeds if needed with the shift kit. The higher stall converter will soften the shift some.
-Scott
Old 08-24-2007, 12:18 PM
Launching!

i have the sonnax 1-2 and 3-4 servos with the HD2 kit. im installing them with no washers in the accumulator pistron first to see how that is. i also have a 2 quart extra capacity pan with drain plug.

Quick Reply: Transgo 4l60E/4L65E-HD2 shift kit install?