Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

Transgo install in Calfornia

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2005, 08:35 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transgo install in Calfornia

Allright,
I am thinking about doing the transgo install. First off, I have no clue about tranny's! NONE! I would like to learn and dont really have the funds (from what I hear 200-400) to have it installed. SOOOOO...... Anyone in Southern California with experience wanna help out?

If that doesnt happen, where does one recommend in So Cal to get the get installed? I ran a search. it returned a place called "The toy shoppe". But there was no more feedback on the place.

Finally, Ive got the tune to improve shifts, from what I have read, I have to turn down the shift line pressure once I install the transgo. Is that correct? Anything else I would have to change.

Thanks for the help!
Old 06-20-2005, 11:09 AM
TECH Resident

The Toy Shop in SoCal will not install a Transgo kit. They have their own kit and I believe the cost was about $300 for them to purchase and install.

What area do you live in, in SoCal? Perhaps I may lend you a hand?
Old 06-20-2005, 12:02 PM
TECH Regular

I am in Orange County. I am willing to drive to San Diego. Let me know. I know knowledge isnt free, I am willing to throw down some cash( and a case of your favorite brew). I just would rather learn how to do it so I know exactly whats going on with my truck.

Also, besides the transgo and vette servo.... What else do I need/should I do once I get the tranny open. I am planning on getting a Radix in the future, so I want to plan for that.
Thanks
Old 06-20-2005, 12:57 PM
TECH Regular

Also, a good question is if the transgo affects towing at all? I tow a full load with my 1500 (about 7500lbs). I need to make sure I can still tow fully. I will talk to transgo as well.

thanks
Old 06-20-2005, 03:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by OCBC
Also, a good question is if the transgo affects towing at all? I tow a full load with my 1500 (about 7500lbs). I need to make sure I can still tow fully. I will talk to transgo as well.

thanks
My truck tows WAAAAY better with my Transgo HD2 kit compared to stock internals with increased line pressure. I mean like night and day...cooler tranny temps too.
Old 06-20-2005, 03:28 PM
TECH Regular

Thats what I wanted to hear!!!

unredeemed, you have a pm!
Old 06-20-2005, 05:59 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by unredeemed
The Toy Shop in SoCal will not install a Transgo kit. They have their own kit and I believe the cost was about $300 for them to purchase and install.

What area do you live in, in SoCal? Perhaps I may lend you a hand?
I would take this man up on his offer if at all possible....he is a whiz on this Transgo/servo thing!
Old 06-20-2005, 06:04 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by OCBC
I am in Orange County. I am willing to drive to San Diego. Let me know. I know knowledge isnt free, I am willing to throw down some cash( and a case of your favorite brew). I just would rather learn how to do it so I know exactly whats going on with my truck.

Also, besides the transgo and vette servo.... What else do I need/should I do once I get the tranny open. I am planning on getting a Radix in the future, so I want to plan for that.
Thanks
This is my parts list:

- Transgo shift kit
- Corvette intermediate servo
- Superior OD servo
- Aluminum 1-2 accumulator piston
- Aluminum forward clutch piston
- Servo release check valve
- Deep tranny pan with filter
- Upgraded separator plate
- LubeGard

And here is the thread where I have everything but the check valve laid out:
Tranny Parts Thread
Old 06-20-2005, 10:10 PM
TECH Regular

I am definitely. Thanks for all the help guys.
Old 06-20-2005, 10:21 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Dont want to hijack. Where do I get the accumulator pistons from?? I have the vette servo, and am looking into eigthor a HD2 or stage 2 kit. (Which is better?) And hear everyone changing the accumulator pistons. Trany talk is greek to me. Thnaks

Quick Reply: Transgo install in Calfornia