Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

Transgo shiftkit

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2005, 05:41 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transgo shiftkit

Just wondering if or how hard it would be to install a Transgo shift kit in a 4L60e? I know nothing about a tranny and I'm kinda scared of messing something up. Should I atemp to do it or should I leave it to a professional? I posted in the Autotranny section and got no response. so any help would really be appreciated.
Old 02-14-2005, 06:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

its not that bad
just have everything clean and organized
and follow the paper directions and you should be fine
Old 02-14-2005, 06:15 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was wondering the same thing.... Not to mention I dont have a lift...
Old 02-14-2005, 06:30 PM
TECH Addict

the hardest part is probably lowering the tranny and then lifting it back into place. some have used a regular car jack to get by. but i guess it is still a PITA. the shift kit is probably the easiest part of the whole install
Old 02-14-2005, 06:34 PM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE=KeukaZ71]the hardest part is probably lowering the tranny and then lifting it back into place.

Might be a dumb one but why would you lower the tranny to put a kit in.
Old 02-14-2005, 06:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by KeukaZ71
the hardest part is probably lowering the tranny and then lifting it back into place. some have used a regular car jack to get by. but i guess it is still a PITA. the shift kit is probably the easiest part of the whole install
I'm confused why would you need to lower the tranny? You can install the transgo without removing the tranny or even lowering it. Just need to take the pan off and remove the valve body, etc.
Old 02-14-2005, 06:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

[QUOTE=mangledgmc03]
Originally Posted by KeukaZ71
the hardest part is probably lowering the tranny and then lifting it back into place.

Might be a dumb one but why would you lower the tranny to put a kit in.
ahh beat me to it
Old 02-14-2005, 07:55 PM
TECH Regular

Well guys thanx But I do have to pull the tranny though, I got my stall today and I'm going to install every thing in the tranny at once. I heard that when you pull off the valve body all the little check ***** go every where? If so I work at a dealership so I have a lift to work on and I also can also flip the tranny upside down, Would this be helpfull? I'm sure it would be. thanx
Old 02-14-2005, 07:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wannagofast
Well guys thanx But I do have to pull the tranny though, I got my stall today and I'm going to install every thing in the tranny at once. I heard that when you pull off the valve body all the little check ***** go every where? If so I work at a dealership so I have a lift to work on and I also can also flip the tranny upside down, Would this be helpfull? I'm sure it would be. thanx
Yes the check ***** will move around and you will have to place them properly again, but there is a chart that tells you how to do it.. If you have decent mechanical skills the install isnt that bad, Just be prepared for some trans fluid facials
Old 02-14-2005, 08:29 PM
Launching!

Not that big of a deal really... One of the Checkballs will stay stuck on there... so when you go to count to see if you got them all.. dont forget the one still stuck to the metal panels there.

Also, what else are you doing to the tranny, besides shift kit?

Quick Reply: Transgo shiftkit