Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

Transgo shiftkit

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2005, 02:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just curious about purpose of replacing the servos with corvette servos.
Old 02-16-2005, 03:27 PM
Staging Lane

My Transgo install alone with stock servos and one washer was too hard shifting. I took out all the washers and it is better. Light throttle shifts firm, partial throttle to full throttle shifts hard. I hope when I put a stall converter in in will soften the light amd part throttle shifts.
Old 02-16-2005, 10:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

gamedawg had some good advice ... drill the holes like he said, and don't use any of those washers. I would get a vette intermediate servo, and a billet overdrive servo if you tow a lot, if no towing, or minimal towing, I wouldn't worry with the overdrive servo. The servo's is what applies the band (what makes 2nd and 4th gear). The different servos have more fluid apply area, which creates a harder, firmer shift and a better holding power. If you move up to some serious power, like a blower, or spraying the **** out of it, step up to the billet intermediate servo too. The servos go in the side of the case just above the passenger catalytic converter. VERY easy to get to if you drop the Y-pipe.

The shift kit install isn't near as bad as it seems. Watch the video, think about it, and watch it a couple more times. I think I watched it 4 times before I actually did the install, and I felt confident with doing it afterwards.

BTW ... if you use the billet overdrive servo, there are some other valve body things that need to be done. If you go that route, I'll go into more detail then about them.
Old 02-16-2005, 11:49 PM
TECH Regular

Ok thanx you guys, I have never had any responses like this before. You guys give me more than enough information. I sure appreciate it guys. Flyer I will probably pm you about the servo question. that is when I get to that part.