Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

Transmission line replacement?

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2010, 07:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmission line replacement?

Ok when i installed my stall i was being lazy, and didn't disconnect my battery cables. When i was putting my starter back up it touched my tranny line and it burned a hole in it. I then made a quick fix, by cutting the line and splicing it back together with a rubber hose and 2 clamps. that lasted for about 10 months, and it started leaking. so i went to my local stealership and bought a new line. I got the new line installed, fired the truck up and f**k that's leaking. Rubbed a hole in it some how fighting trying to fish it through. Now i have to purchase another line. whats the easiest way to fish the line that goes from the tranny to the radiator, with out screwing it up?
Old 12-25-2010, 02:16 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

when I have a line problem I go to napa with my lenght measurments give your self some extra and get a 3/8 or number 6 hydralic hose made to fit it and route it how I want I have good luck with this. you will have to do away with the quick connect and find a fitting to use on your hose may have to go to a hydralic shop but it is worth the time and money usually less than 75-100 bucks for both lines. And you are done with it for the life of the truck no more rubbing through