Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

Truck Back at the Dealer for Brake Repairs

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2006, 05:27 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Little 5.3 Wulf Truck
Brakes just started to pulsate today really bad and I have only put around 75 miles on the resurfaced drums. GM called to do a follow up on my service and I told them that I am having problems with the brakes already again. The dealership that I had it serviced at is going to be calling me and I will tell them about your truck and this site. Maybe they will do something about it. I hope!
Like I said, It's a problem GM is surely aware of. They probably don't really know what to do about it. I can say that they are thus so far ignoring the actual customers at this time about it. This leaves the GM authorized dealer's service department and ASE certified mechanics to have to try and patch up the problems. The GM engineers really messed up on a temporary brake fix until the redesigned 07' GM trucks get out for sale.
The GM Customer Relations department has been of no help either. A GM rep came over to Munday Chevrolet to test drive my truck and made a call stating, "the brakes work as they were intended" remark, and after that, the GM customer relations department said there is nothing they can do for me.
The funny thing is, Munday Chevrolet has since then resurfaced my drums and replaced my brake shoes. The GM reps do not care enough to actually test drive a vehicle long enough to real world situations to get the problem to surface.
That's why I had the service manager test drive with me a week ago to let him feel and hear what the brakes are doing. At first me made a statement that the brakes are working fine, that was until the crunching noise began to arise from the rear of the truck. The hotter it got, the louder it got upon coming to a stop.
I'm just fed up with the quality of GM right now.
Good Luck to all with this problem with the 05' & 06' drum brakes!

Jim
Old 04-03-2006, 08:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Jim, I know how you feel, I was so pissed about the problems w/ my 99 Sierra. They wouldn't do a whole lot about it, I finally gave up and said ***** it!! I bought my 02 and have never been more pleased! Weird!
Old 04-07-2006, 08:51 PM
TECH Junkie

Exclamation

Well............Yep you guessed! The rear brakes are starting to make noises when you apply the brake pedal moderately.
No vibration this time, just load roarring coming from R. rear when I apply brakes a little more than normal.
It was doing this noise the last time I dropped it off.
This is hell!

Jim
Old 04-08-2006, 06:49 PM
Teching In

That sucks! Do you know if GM has a customer complaint phone line other than dealing with the dealership?
Old 04-08-2006, 06:57 PM
TECH Junkie

Angry

Originally Posted by Little 5.3 Wulf Truck
That sucks! Do you know if GM has a customer complaint phone line other than dealing with the dealership?
They do, you can just give any dealership a call and ask for the GM customers relations department's phone number. I already forgot it because they were of no help anyways!
I will be checking the axle halves run-out with a dial indicator type gauge the reads run-out. If all checks out good, I may just be purchasing the Baer Brakes rear disc brake conversion kit. If it checks out bad, it will be going directly back to the dealership for either new axles or a completely new G80 rear axle!!
This SUCKS GM!!!!!!!!!!!

Jim
Old 04-10-2006, 03:52 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by CHEVY6000VHO
They do, you can just give any dealership a call and ask for the GM customers relations department's phone number. I already forgot it because they were of no help anyways!
I will be checking the axle halves run-out with a dial indicator type gauge the reads run-out. If all checks out good, I may just be purchasing the Baer Brakes rear disc brake conversion kit. If it checks out bad, it will be going directly back to the dealership for either new axles or a completely new G80 rear axle!!
This SUCKS GM!!!!!!!!!!!

Jim
Will the baer brake rear disc conversion bolt up without any modifications?