Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

truck is vibrating

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2006, 11:16 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 02sierraz71_5.3
Interesting this comes up, just put some 1-3" drop shackles on an 06. They only dropped it about 2.2" but the customer later called back complaining about a slight vibration at 60mph.

Anyone have a chart of what shims to use for which particular drop?
What angle tolerances before you get into driveline vibration?
The manufacture of the drop should be able to tell you the shims needed if they are of high quality and or reputable company. They should even offer them in my opinion.
That's where I would start at.

Jim
Old 03-03-2006, 11:22 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CHEVY6000VHO
The manufacture of the drop should be able to tell you the shims needed if they are of high quality and or reputable company. They should even offer them in my opinion.
That's where I would start at.

Jim
I was gonna call them tommorow its an adjustable eibach shackle.
Old 03-03-2006, 11:29 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 02sierraz71_5.3
I was gonna call them tommorow its an adjustable eibach shackle.
Yeah, I would call them to see what they have to say and offer.
Hope you get a hold of the right guy who actually knows what you are talking about. They are getting harder and harder to find these days.

Jim
Old 03-03-2006, 11:40 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by CHEVY6000VHO
Yeah, I would call them to see what they have to say and offer.
Hope you get a hold of the right guy who actually knows what you are talking about. They are getting harder and harder to find these days.

Jim
Eibach is one of the few companies Ive dealt with that are always on top of the phone support and in the past have provided great support, thats why I push thier product plus everything Ive used from them has been top notch great powder coat finishes, bolt holes line up etc...
Old 03-04-2006, 11:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

mine also vibrates hard about at 60++ mph the wheel just shakes side to side fast( causeing vibration)... i hate it! it did this before the drop and wheels and tires... but funny because sometimes it doesnt do it... i havent figured it out yet???... but it could possibly be bushings as it is a 99?
Old 03-05-2006, 08:12 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by WhiteChevy3
mine also vibrates hard about at 60++ mph the wheel just shakes side to side fast( causeing vibration)... i hate it! it did this before the drop and wheels and tires... but funny because sometimes it doesnt do it... i havent figured it out yet???... but it could possibly be bushings as it is a 99?
Could also be your U-joints.

Jim
Old 03-07-2006, 06:36 PM
On The Tree

Has everyone checked your front hub bearings. Mine developed a slight shake and i just ignored it. Last weekend while putting on my new rotors i discovered that my bearing had a lot of slack in it. Funny when the other one went bad it roared like you would think a bearing would, but this one made no noise.
Old 03-09-2006, 01:00 AM
Launching!

Mine started vibrating just last week. I had just balanced the tire/wheels, checked bearings, bushings and all steering and suspension components for anything loose, and found nothing. Rechecked balance after vibration started and it was good. I am going to align it again next week once the rack is back in working order again. I am also thinking of finish balancing it. It is a pain in the *** but damn it is a good ride.
Old 03-09-2006, 03:58 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by radorider03
Mine started vibrating just last week. I had just balanced the tire/wheels, checked bearings, bushings and all steering and suspension components for anything loose, and found nothing. Rechecked balance after vibration started and it was good. I am going to align it again next week once the rack is back in working order again. I am also thinking of finish balancing it. It is a pain in the *** but damn it is a good ride.
Alignment has nothing to do with the vibration.
But either way it is a good thing to be checked twice a year or after a suspension change.

Jim
Old 03-09-2006, 06:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

I would stick some pinion angle shims in there. When I dropped my truck, it vibrated... then I shimmed it, perfect.

Quick Reply: truck is vibrating