Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

TrueTrac in Front Diff

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2011, 02:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by andrew383
IF you really are considering the 44's ill find you a set...there are prob a few sets floating around IN/KY/TN...

As light as the sami is going to be the stock axles in just about anything would do fine with 33's...
IF you can find me a D44 out of a Wagoneer that would be awesome, but Since im goona use the NP243, it has a Driver side front drop so that kinda rules out all the passenger side diffs..

If im gonna use the 10b and it is already really wide and i gotta narrow it, i thought about getting the tape measure and crayons out.
When i come up with a good width, im gonna figure out what it will take and if i have enough room to chop the axle tubes and move the Pumpkin to the driver side or close as possible. And i can get a good deal on Moser Custom Length Axles, so that leaves me with getting some good u joints since they offer some stronger than the factory size.

Last edited by nonnieselman; 01-04-2011 at 02:58 PM.
Old 01-04-2011, 10:27 PM
traveling mod

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nonnieselman
IF you can find me a D44 out of a Wagoneer that would be awesome, but Since im goona use the NP243, it has a Driver side front drop so that kinda rules out all the passenger side diffs..

If im gonna use the 10b and it is already really wide and i gotta narrow it, i thought about getting the tape measure and crayons out.
When i come up with a good width, im gonna figure out what it will take and if i have enough room to chop the axle tubes and move the Pumpkin to the driver side or close as possible. And i can get a good deal on Moser Custom Length Axles, so that leaves me with getting some good u joints since they offer some stronger than the factory size.
Alrighty ill find you a set I assume your keeping the leaf springs???

Have you thought about running a d300 t-case??? Its factory pass drop but with a flip kit can be driver drop..Its gear driven and has a yoke on the tail shaft already...

The problem i for see in custom shafts is the cost and down time if one breaks..
Old 01-04-2011, 11:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Alrighty ill find you a set I assume your keeping the leaf springs???

Have you thought about running a d300 t-case??? Its factory pass drop but with a flip kit can be driver drop..Its gear driven and has a yoke on the tail shaft already...

The problem i for see in custom shafts is the cost and down time if one breaks..
school me on the d300 xcase. Im on my phone so my searching is quite slow.
Yea im gonna be running leaf springs, dunno which ones yet tho. Might go with yj springs.
Old 01-05-2011, 11:09 PM
traveling mod

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry coped this but yeah lol.... ITs a good case and alot of guys guy them..There's 4 to 1 kits,flip kits,adapters for just about anything..It can be setup as a twin stick to do front digs also

The Dana 300 is a heavy duty gear driven transfer case that takes a 23 spline input shaft. The case is cast iron with a number C300-15 and the tail housing is aluminum. The output for the front driveshaft on the Dana 300 is on the passenger side and the rear output is centered. Low range is 2.62:1 and high is 1.00:1.

The bolt pattern is the same as many New Process transfer cases, but the drop is on the opposite side. Most New Process transfer cases used on Jeeps have the round bolt pattern and 23 spline input so it is compatible to some extent. The difference is all the New Process transfer cases are drivers drop and the Dana 300 is passenger drop. Some drilling and or tapping may be necessary may be necessary in the transfer case or the adapter to "clock" the transfer case. One bolt hole in the pattern is offset to allow the transfer cases to only be bolted on one way. The other option is to not use the bolt that clocks the transfer case.

One way people modify the Dana 300 is by adding oil paddles to the main shaft. The oil paddles prevent oil starvation of the rear bearing when flat towing. Another possible modification to the Dana 300 is converting it to u-bolt yokes rather than strap yokes.

Usage
The Dana 300 was used only in CJs from 1980 until 1986. The first year the Dana 300 was available there was a slight difference from transfercases used in '81-'86 CJs. The 1980 Dana 300 features a shorter tail housing which allows a slightly longer rear driveshaft.
Old 01-05-2011, 11:20 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just curious why you didn't go with yota axles? I know most ppl do with samis and it works awesome
Old 01-05-2011, 11:53 PM
11 Second Hall Moniter

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

He said he looked for them but didn't find any.
Old 01-06-2011, 11:15 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by AKlowriderZ71
He said he looked for them but didn't find any.
sorry carry on
Old 01-07-2011, 11:32 AM
TECH Senior Member

IF you can find some for a decent price that would be nice... but i havent had any luck so far.

I have found a Dana 30 out of a Jeep im thinkin about getting.
Old 01-07-2011, 11:33 AM
TECH Senior Member

Sorry coped this but yeah lol.... ITs a good case and alot of guys guy them..There's 4 to 1 kits,flip kits,adapters for just about anything..It can be setup as a twin stick to do front digs also
Thats gonna be a issue... the adapter is $500, so that rules that out..
Old 01-07-2011, 12:22 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by nonnieselman
IF you can find some for a decent price that would be nice... but i havent had any luck so far.

I have found a Dana 30 out of a Jeep im thinkin about getting.
I will ask I know a few ppl who might have some laying around

Quick Reply: TrueTrac in Front Diff