Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

TT3000 is in and then.... BOOM!

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2007, 02:30 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

**** i know i launch mine out of the hole 2 or 3 times a day cause it makes me smile
Old 06-24-2007, 03:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ya ya ya whatever we'll see...
Old 06-24-2007, 08:06 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh **** Tom, I'm sorry to hear that your tranny took a dump!! Man, I know that wifey is not going to comprehend the need for the FLT now...wish I had one of my famous "replacing this part on the truck is good for the world as a whole" anecdotes for ya, but I'm fresh out. You must be totally jonesin' to drive your truck too...
Old 06-25-2007, 05:54 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by budhayes3
Oh **** Tom, I'm sorry to hear that your tranny took a dump!! Man, I know that wifey is not going to comprehend the need for the FLT now...wish I had one of my famous "replacing this part on the truck is good for the world as a whole" anecdotes for ya, but I'm fresh out. You must be totally jonesin' to drive your truck too...
Man, I was so happy thinking that I was going to get it back around the first of July. And now this. With all that has gone on with this thing lately, I'm sick of it. It could burn to a crisp right now and I wouldn't shed a tear.
Old 06-25-2007, 09:40 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by tdrumm
Man, I was so happy thinking that I was going to get it back around the first of July. And now this. With all that has gone on with this thing lately, I'm sick of it. It could burn to a crisp right now and I wouldn't shed a tear.
Tom I'm here to help you through these trying times in anyway I can. Get mad and show that thing who the damn boss is around there...teach it a lesson for acting like that...drive up to your dad's, grab those junky WCCH heads, throw them in a box and ship 'em to me (I'll even pick-up the shipping). Then tell it if it keeps it up the new cam, TT3000, etc...is gonna get packed up and sent my way until it straightens its *** up.

Once the new FLT is installed all will be good.
Old 06-26-2007, 05:51 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Okie5.3
Tom I'm here to help you through these trying times in anyway I can. Get mad and show that thing who the damn boss is around there...teach it a lesson for acting like that...drive up to your dad's, grab those junky WCCH heads, throw them in a box and ship 'em to me (I'll even pick-up the shipping). Then tell it if it keeps it up the new cam, TT3000, etc...is gonna get packed up and sent my way until it straightens its *** up.

Once the new FLT is installed all will be good.
thanks for making me laugh Frank. You almost had your wish, I was this close --><-- to posting my new cam for sale.

Well the wife (the voice of reason) and I talked about it last night, and the news for the truck isn't good. We decided since it really is a toy at this point, that it is way down on the list of priorites. So unless I hit lotto, get a big bonus at work, or FLT has a 75% off sale, I'm faced with the possibility of not drving it again until next spring. That kills me, but when it comes back it will have a built trans, driveshaft, and rear. Something that will be bulletproof where I won't have to worry about anything.

I joked that I should tell my dad that the parts to fix it are already on their way, and then ship him a truck cover
Old 06-26-2007, 09:11 AM
TECH Veteran

Lemme get that cam off you.
JK, sucks man.
Old 06-26-2007, 11:05 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Sport Side
Lemme get that cam off you.
JK, sucks man.
You are a cam swapping ****, what number are you on now - 4, 5? What happens to all of those old cams? Is there a homeless shelter for them or something?
Old 06-26-2007, 10:16 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by tdrumm
I joked that I should tell my dad that the parts to fix it are already on their way, and then ship him a truck cover
That would be too funny...
Old 06-27-2007, 02:09 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cyazo6
That really sucks! That brand new converter should be flushed now to get out the contaminated fluid!
This can't stress this enough. I've seen too many people loose a trans, and not flush out the entire system, including the converter. They replace teh trans and then bam, right back again with a dead trans when the debris flushes itself out. If it were me I'd send the converter back have them check it out and flush out all the tranny lines AND the cooler.

Quick Reply: TT3000 is in and then.... BOOM!