Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

Well well isn't this a bi^&H!

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 05:15 PM
TECH Addict

Received 57 Likes on 35 Posts

Did you make them yourself?
Old 09-02-2010, 05:19 PM
something else

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BlackGMC
shouldn't have spent so much money on broken wheels and 4 truck beds and coughed up the extra cash for Chromoly Teflon Kevlar ends...
^^AWESOME! Burn!!!!

That sucks John!
Old 09-02-2010, 05:50 PM
02 w/ lowest mileage 2800

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just be glad you don't have a 4 link, a friend of mine lost his entire rear end once!
Old 09-02-2010, 05:55 PM
SPAM HUNTER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you broke a joint on your caltracs? have you adjusted them lately?
Old 09-02-2010, 07:01 PM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yah they were caltracs, if i did it, they wouldn't have broke.. The rest of ya can hug my sweaty nuts And the side that broke was the side that the wheels are facing the right way...

Dustin, I check them a decent amount to make sure they have some play in them, not jammed tight.. Ohh well that side is off now, have to order another end tom for it..
Old 09-02-2010, 09:51 PM
Truck Sponsor

Damn that sucks John
Old 09-03-2010, 12:33 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Mangled03gmc

Dustin, I check them a decent amount to make sure they have some play in them, not jammed tight..it..
I thought they shouldnt have any play in them iirc, its either tight or 1/4-1/2" turn preload on them..?
Old 09-03-2010, 12:59 AM
Baltimore Whore

Originally Posted by skolman91
I thought they shouldnt have any play in them iirc, its either tight or 1/4-1/2" turn preload on them..?
No based on what they say, you do preload them some, but have to make sure you can still move them by hand. They are not supposed to be loaded so tight that they don't move..

I have a set of stainless ends lined up with teflon washers, all, along with all stainless nuts, bolts and washers I had here at the garage, that will be going in. IMO for that kind of money you should get **** that is all SS.. Just deciding I want to take the brackets and all off, to have them sent out for a REAL POWDER COAT Job, instead of what they say is coated.. I have seen spray paint last longer then the POWDER on these things. I would call and bitch, but would prob get a bunch of BS.. I think I am going to start making these, use stainless hard ware, GOOD coating so it lasts... WHO IS IN???
Old 09-03-2010, 01:14 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No based on what they say, you do preload them some, but have to make sure you can still move them by hand. They are not supposed to be loaded so tight that they don't move..

I have a set of stainless ends lined up with teflon washers, all, along with all stainless nuts, bolts and washers I had here at the garage, that will be going in. IMO for that kind of money you should get **** that is all SS.. Just deciding I want to take the brackets and all off, to have them sent out for a REAL POWDER COAT Job, instead of what they say is coated.. I have seen spray paint last longer then the POWDER on these things. I would call and bitch, but would prob get a bunch of BS.. I think I am going to start making these, use stainless hard ware, GOOD coating so it lasts... WHO IS IN???
Agreed. They don't exactly give them away. I be pissed to spend Caltrac $ & not have the p/c hold up.
Old 09-03-2010, 01:25 AM
TECH Addict

I guess ill take your word for it, i havent seen their instructions just heard what was said for pre-load and such.

If you want some nice bolt on REAL powder coated trac bars let me know, i might know somebody with some for sale right now..

Quick Reply: Well well isn't this a bi^&H!