Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

What happens to Tow/Haul after stall..

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2007, 07:57 AM
TOTM: June 2007

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Question What happens to Tow/Haul after stall..

Just curious...5.3 with bolt ons, and cam, will have transgo shift, accumm. pistons, servos, zincplates, and a yank 2600stall, and will be getting a dyno tune when its done.

My question is, what will happen to my Tow/Haul mode?? I never tow with the truck...but curious what the result of this work will do to alter that button? can that feature be dissabled through the pcm?

What do you guys do with it? still use it?

get some opinions on this !
Old 01-21-2007, 08:36 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

It can't be disabled. Nothing will really happen to it after the work you are doing. It will still shift at the same places but probably a lot firmer.

Only difference between tow mode and normal are shift points, where the TCC applies and releases and line pressures can be modified between the 2.
Old 01-21-2007, 09:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

after my tune - I never use it any more - shifts plenty hard now
Old 01-21-2007, 10:08 AM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KySilverado
It can't be disabled. Nothing will really happen to it after the work you are doing. It will still shift at the same places but probably a lot firmer.

Only difference between tow mode and normal are shift points, where the TCC applies and releases and line pressures can be modified between the 2.
Actually, mine is disabled I mean the Tow/haul light still comes on but it is the same tune.
I was thinking of switching the meth tune on/off with it.
Old 01-21-2007, 10:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

yep, you can essentially "disable" it in the tune by copying the normal tables over it, therefore it has no changes when in that mode. But you can make a totally different driving truck for track use or whatever as far as the the transmission goes (shift points, shift firmness, etc)
Old 01-21-2007, 11:29 AM
TECH Apprentice

Talking

I have all the same mods as you including 2600 stall TC and very same trans mods. Shifting will be firmer and shift points the same accept RPMs will not fall so far on WOT shifts. I tow a camper in the summer and use my tow/haul button while leaving the trans. in "3". I'm VERY happy with this combination of mods for everyday driving as well as towing.
Old 01-21-2007, 11:56 AM
TECH Addict

I have my shift points set higher in tow haul mode for track use
Mark
Old 01-21-2007, 12:08 PM
TOTM: June 2007

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

So i can essentially kidna set my tow/haul mode to a "racer" setting? kinda of like a electronic swtich to go between to differnet tranny tunes?? sorta?
Old 01-21-2007, 12:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by bgray
So i can essentially kidna set my tow/haul mode to a "racer" setting? kinda of like a electronic swtich to go between to differnet tranny tunes?? sorta?

That's exactly what it can be setup as. It's just an alternate set of shift pressures and shift points.
Old 01-21-2007, 12:30 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you can also have your tuner set the tow/haul mode so it "holds" your gear if you are going to race from a roll. mine is set to hold first gear at part throttle and will not shift until wot shiftpoint. same with second gear. pretty cool.

Quick Reply: What happens to Tow/Haul after stall..