Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

What are some good stock replacement shocks?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2006, 03:33 PM
14 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What are some good stock replacement shocks?

I'm not lowered, jacked up or any of that, just stock height for the 1500 models. The ride is getting a little rougher as time goes on. 93,000 miles on the clock as well.

I was thinking about the edelbrock IAS shocks. Any ideas? Thanks.
Old 06-07-2006, 03:59 PM
11 Second Truck Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I was running Rancho before I lowered...
Old 06-07-2006, 04:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Bilstein shocks!! They are expensive but you get what you pay for.
Old 06-07-2006, 05:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Bilstein shocks are a must and the best IMO!
Old 06-07-2006, 06:17 PM
14 Second Truck Club

How much are they and where can I get them? Thanks!
Old 06-07-2006, 06:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 99silveradoSS
How much are they and where can I get them? Thanks!
Go to Bilstein's website here:
http://www.bilstein.com/index1.php

Click on "Buy Now" at the top of the page to see stores in your area that carry Bilsteins. I'm sure there are places that have them cheaper...just got to look around.
Old 06-07-2006, 07:02 PM
TECH Addict

i would have gone with bilsteins also but they dont make them for lowered nbs k1500's i went with the beltech nitro actives and they ride pretty dam good so far!
Old 06-07-2006, 09:18 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i want the stock ones u r taken off they will be the better ones for tractions
Old 06-07-2006, 09:47 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I love my Bilsteins, they ride so much better than the factory Z71 shocks....very smooth and responsive. I'm still using them, even though I lowered the truck about 2 1/2ish/4 a few weeks ago. Found em at a good price here: http://www.offroadwarehouse.com/

I'm hoping that they'll eventually offer something for a lowered 4x4, or maybe when they come out with a shock for the SilveradoSS I'll look into that as a replacement since I'm lowered

My father has Edelbrock IAS shocks in a few of his vehicles (2 96 Blazers, and some other Chevys in the past), and he's very happy with them also...I trust his judgement but when I was researching shocks a while back I read a few things about guys having problems with them leaking at the time...not sure if they got that sorted out or not.
Old 07-24-2006, 11:52 AM
Teching In

I finally installed the Edelbrock IAS shocks on my truck. What a major improvement! I've already put about 500 miles on them ~ 300 towing a popup trailer. I can't say enough about how much better and tighter it feels. Gone is the bobbling, springy feel of the stock POS shocks. Now, it feels much more in control and firm - a welcome change for sure. Off road potholes don't affect the truck nearly as much. I've hated the way this truck bounced from day one. I just didn't have the confidence that the shocks were going to fix it. I was going to go with shocks and springs and was also dealing with the fact that many companies don't list shocks for the 2wd CC - or they list torsion bar suspension only. I really wanted Rancho RS9000's and even emailed their tech support asking which shocks were the right ones - which got me no response. I even had a local shop call them directly and ask which ones were the right ones for the front. That was useless as well. I ended up with Edelbrocks because of reports on this site and availability, along with the fact that Rancho didn't seem to care.

My only complaint is that during the install, one of the urethane shock tower bushings exploded when tightening them up. It literally split in two pieces. Probably a defect on that part. Not a big deal really. I just used the stock bushings on the top of the shock tower.

Quick Reply: What are some good stock replacement shocks?