Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

What are some good stock replacement shocks?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2006, 11:57 AM
11 Second Truck Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I had similar issues w/ a nut missing...I called Edelbrock...they sent me out a hardware-pak for the shock right away...
Old 07-24-2006, 03:27 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CK in AZ
I finally installed the Edelbrock IAS shocks on my truck. What a major improvement! I've already put about 500 miles on them ~ 300 towing a popup trailer. I can't say enough about how much better and tighter it feels. Gone is the bobbling, springy feel of the stock POS shocks. Now, it feels much more in control and firm - a welcome change for sure. Off road potholes don't affect the truck nearly as much. I've hated the way this truck bounced from day one. I just didn't have the confidence that the shocks were going to fix it. I was going to go with shocks and springs and was also dealing with the fact that many companies don't list shocks for the 2wd CC - or they list torsion bar suspension only. I really wanted Rancho RS9000's and even emailed their tech support asking which shocks were the right ones - which got me no response. I even had a local shop call them directly and ask which ones were the right ones for the front. That was useless as well. I ended up with Edelbrocks because of reports on this site and availability, along with the fact that Rancho didn't seem to care.

My only complaint is that during the install, one of the urethane shock tower bushings exploded when tightening them up. It literally split in two pieces. Probably a defect on that part. Not a big deal really. I just used the stock bushings on the top of the shock tower.

Thanks for the update!
I've been thinking about getting those as well.