Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

Where o Where has Hotchkis gone?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2008, 09:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Where o Where has Hotchkis gone?

Having a hard time finding a sway bar kit for my truck. Are they still making them?
Old 12-13-2008, 10:45 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

no man. they've discontinued they're products for our trucks... but i emailed somebody from their site and i asked them if they would sell me the TVS for my ecsb and he said they would. so i would try emailing them and see if you can get it that way.
Old 12-13-2008, 11:41 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds like they still have some inventory
Old 12-14-2008, 08:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Their website still shows the sway bar kits as available, just not the lowering springs both front and rear. The TVS stuff is subsequently not available due to the discontinued springs.
Old 12-14-2008, 09:31 AM
Staging Lane

for those who have the TVS 2/4... how does it ride/handle? would you get any other kit if you started over?
Old 12-14-2008, 03:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't have the sways, just the spring front and rear, but I absolutely love them. I wouldn't go back to the stock springs for anything. The stance is just right, the ride is fine with me, and it handles way better than it did stock. Course I did change out shocks and wheels/tires for more rubber on the road, but still.. Some bumps do get a little rough for passengers, just cause they aren't used to it, but i have no problems what so ever with it.
Old 12-16-2008, 08:35 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Djaustin89
no man. they've discontinued they're products for our trucks...
Did they say why they discontinued?

Originally Posted by Djaustin89
for those who have the TVS 2/4... how does it ride/handle? would you get any other kit if you started over?
I love how it handles. After I did the whole TVS setup I said that & still do.
Take a 92 Camaro cop car w/ the best factory suspension for handling that came on those cars, which is awesome. The tires used on car aren't the best for handling, & the tires on my truck are worn factory 16" Generals. I think the car rides smoother on the big bumps. The full potential of both could be seen on new tires. That said, I think truck handles great & I'd say very close to Fbody. I actually compared the 2 after puttin on TVS. No truck should handle this great! I think it's a darn shame that others won't experience that a truck can be built to handle since they disc. the kit.If there's another vendor w/ a pkg. that'll compare to my 04 w/ TVS (if I do another vehicle), I'd want to ride in it.

If on a budget, u can keep the front factory shocks or upgrade later to maximize every last bit of handling out.

In the rear, the factory shocks won't cut it. I put on some Dbl Adj. QA1s. For the winter to keep the QA1s aluminum bodies out of salt, I just put on some Belltech 2 days ago. They're perfect! My bro likes em more than my QA1s. I told him the QA1s are dialed up for handling. I can turn em down for softer. He said it rides like stock, but w/ a drop.

I'd do this kit again.

Originally Posted by PathfinderJr
I don't have the sways, just the spring front and rear, but I absolutely love them. I wouldn't go back to the stock springs for anything. The stance is just right, the ride is fine with me, and it handles way better than it did stock. Course I did change out shocks and wheels/tires for more rubber on the road, but still.. Some bumps do get a little rough for passengers, just cause they aren't used to it, but i have no problems what so ever with it.
+1 on stance, it's spot on. Ya, some passengers say the big bumps are a bit rough, but like said, they're used to ECSB or minivan, not a purpose built truck.
Old 12-16-2008, 12:56 PM
Staging Lane

No they didn't say why they discontinues the products... but thanks ya'll give great advice. And what is the part number for the QA1's you are running? post some pics of ECSB running TVS 2/4 only so i can see what my truck will look like .
Old 12-16-2008, 08:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

QA1 Double Adjustable p/n DTC 1539P.
That was the shock spec'd to me w/ my drop after I gave them my dimensions. You can save some coin if u just go single adjustable. In that instance, I believe u just drop the D from p/n.

Again, I wanted fully adj.( both rebound & comp.) in rear only. QA1 fit my needs best.

I originally figured I'd run QA1 in rear & Edelbrock IAS or stock in front. that was prior to Belltech intro. Street Shock. I went w/ Belltech based on members from here. I'd do a Belltech or a try Edelbrock for most applications.

Can't help on a ECSB w/ TVS( see sig for why).
Old 01-13-2009, 12:10 AM
Launching!

I have this kit that i haven't put on yet if anyone is interested in it?

Quick Reply: Where o Where has Hotchkis gone?