Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

Who's 4l80e to buy to last?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2013, 02:45 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GMCtrk
Because several years ago Zippy said they were the ones to go with. He knows his **** and I trust him.

Every year seemingly new sponsors seem to pop up and I take their advertisements with a grain of salt. But that's just me. I'll take the word of people that have "been there, done that."
i see. i ask because some people are just nut swingers and have no real reason. but it seems a lot of people like this ace company.
Old 01-27-2013, 03:37 PM
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

We can build a 4L80 converter to fit your dished OE flexplate, no problem and no extra charge. Gilbert@Ace is a great guy, give him a call and see what he can offer you...

Chris
Old 01-27-2013, 03:58 PM
Custm2500's Rude Friend

Received 785 Likes on 651 Posts

Finish line hasn't been very active on the boards that's probably why you don't hear much about them these days. That doesn't mean they cant build you something that will last.

Gilbert at Ace was on here at one time and was very helpful. I don't think I ever recall hearing anything bad about him. He even fixed a few Transmission that were never right to begin with but we won't get into that.

I have heard good things about a Rossler unit but I don't have any first hand experience and don't know any one that used one of there units.

Jake's stuff sounds good and I like some of the things that he does for his units. Some of them seem to hold up to some serious abuse, but in all honesty his poor attitude scared me off. He hasn't been very professional to some of the members on these board. Every one makes mistakes, it's how you handle them that set you apart.

I have heard good things about charlie at RPM but again I have no first hand experience and don't know any one that currently uses them.

Any what that's my opinion.
Old 01-27-2013, 04:19 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by Circle-D
We can build a 4L80 converter to fit your dished OE flexplate, no problem and no extra charge. Gilbert@Ace is a great guy, give him a call and see what he can offer you...

Chris
Ok awesome. I will be getting ahold of you then. I've like your converters when I first seen them. A buddy of mine got one of your very first hemi converters when I built his motor. I told him to call you and you said it was a trial thing but it worked out great. This was back In 08-09 time frame.
Old 01-27-2013, 04:21 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by 1FastBrick
Finish line hasn't been very active on the boards that's probably why you don't hear much about them these days. That doesn't mean they cant build you something that will last.

Gilbert at Ace was on here at one time and was very helpful. I don't think I ever recall hearing anything bad about him. He even fixed a few Transmission that were never right to begin with but we won't get into that.

I have heard good things about a Rossler unit but I don't have any first hand experience and don't know any one that used one of there units.

Jake's stuff sounds good and I like some of the things that he does for his units. Some of them seem to hold up to some serious abuse, but in all honesty his poor attitude scared me off. He hasn't been very professional to some of the members on these board. Every one makes mistakes, it's how you handle them that set you apart.

I have heard good things about charlie at RPM but again I have no first hand experience and don't know any one that currently uses them.

Any what that's my opinion.
Thank you for your 2cents. I like a good explanation like that. These are things people need to know. I haven't shopped for a tranny in years so I'm out of the loop. Lol
Old 01-27-2013, 04:39 PM
Custm2500's Rude Friend

Received 785 Likes on 651 Posts

Originally Posted by TURBHOE
Thank you for your 2cents. I like a good explanation like that. These are things people need to know. I haven't shopped for a tranny in years so I'm out of the loop. Lol
I think you said it best earlier, there are a lot of on here... Not sure were there at today but I am sure they will pop up in do time...

Being pricest the highest or the lowest doesn't make the unit any better. It's all about how the company treats you and makes you feel about your purchase.

Everyone makes mistakes, It 's human nature. How the company or individual responds to it is what makes or breaks there product.

Some might give you a great warranty and the lowest prices. But you have to pay to shipping even when they make a mistake. This alone could be the price difference of another unit from some one whom is less likely to make a mistake or has a better reputation.
Old 01-27-2013, 04:41 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Agreed!
Old 01-27-2013, 06:39 PM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If you have the cash then buy a Rossler , this guys build trans for 6sec cars , if I had the cash I would without hesitation have one from him .

I'm not taking away anything from the other guys .

Another great guy to see if he could build one for you would be Vince. B . , he was why FLT was successful . I would feel very secure if he built one for me.

But also you don't need to get too crazy on an 80 like you do a 60 , stock 80 with a shift kit and good converter will serve you well .
Old 01-27-2013, 07:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I vote finish line Im very close with them over there they are my neighbors they arent active on boards because the owner chuck has him and one other guy working his shop which it get very over busy for him.
Old 01-27-2013, 07:30 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just had a Rossler Level 4 4L80e installed in my Denali. Road tests will begin tomorrow. I'll let you guys know how it does...

Quick Reply: Who's 4l80e to buy to last?